ot: AAADD... can you relate?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
hillfolk22
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hillfolk22 »

Hi folks,

I could not resist posting this.
And in regards to WHups... I figured it good timeing.

I recieved this in an email... it was one of those mass forwarded emails that many of you could be familiar with.

It goes like this...

"I have recently been diagnosed with AAADD: Age Activated Attention DEficit Disorder.

This is how it goes...

I decided to wash the car and start toward the garage when I notice the mail on the table. I figure I might as well go through the mail before washing the car.

I lay my keys down on the desk, sort the mail and discard the junk mail. As I discard the junk mail, I see that the garbage can is full.

I lay the bills down on the desk and pick up the trash can. Then I figure that since I'll be going near the mailbox while taking out the trash, I may as well pay these few bills first. Now where did I put my checkbook? Ah, here it is! Opps, there's only one check left. My extra checks are in the other room.

Oh! There's the soda I was drinking earlier Hmmmm, I guess I'd better take it out to the kitchen and discard it.

On the way to the kitchen, my flower arrangement catches my eye and I realize it needs more water. I pour the soda down the sink. As I wipe a spot off the counter I see my glasses on the window sill. It's about time.

I've been looking for them all mourning. I guess I'd better go put them away so I can find them agian later, But first I see the remote, but what's that doing in the kitchen? Aaaaagh! I'd better take it to the living room because we'll never think to look for it in the kitchen tonight.

I take the remote out to the coffee table and find that the living room is a bit untidy, so I go around arranging cushions and throw pillows.

I'm off down the hall, to....to... what the heck was I planning to do?

END OF DAY: The car isn't washed , the bills are unpaid, the flowers aren't watered, the checkbook still only has one check, and now I can't seem to find my car keys! I don't seem to have gotten anything done today but I just can't figure out why because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!!

I realize this is a serious condition and that I'd better seek help. But first....., I think I'll check my email....."

Sorry for the length of that one...

Now for those who have the WHups.....and a whistle in every room....

How much do we get done in a day? My whistles seem to call out to me as I pass them. "Oh, you could use a break. Come and PLAY...."

Laura

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hillfolk22 on 2002-02-02 09:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hillfolk22 on 2002-02-02 09:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hillfolk22 on 2002-02-02 10:25 ]</font>
Tom_Gaul

Post by Tom_Gaul »

So it's called AAADD! It's another reason to learn to play the whistle by ear because when I open my music books I never can find my glasses! And if I look for them, well, I never will get back to the whistle! At least now I know the condition has a name! Now what was I going to do before I started this posting?
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Ohhhh! And I thought I was getting Altzheimers!
Lady Whistler

Post by Lady Whistler »

What was I going to say?

LW
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

On 2002-02-02 16:07, Tom_Gaul wrote:
...when I open my music books I never can find my glasses! And if I look for them, well, I never will get back to the whistle
Tom, not long ago I pulled the where is the music book I wanted to play from, went and found it and returned to the kitchen. Where the !@#$%^& is the whistle????

Says Tyghre: in your back pocket, dear.

ARGH!!!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

This is commonly known as either CRS syndrome, or CRAFT....
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

Im only 31 and this kind of thing happens to me a hell of alot........should I be getting worried????
Grannymouse

Post by Grannymouse »

As I told somebody....can't remember who....this isn't even funny!!!! And Paul....I really like that CRAFT! Gm
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Desiderata
NancyF

Post by NancyF »

We call each incident a senior moment, but that was a senior day!
Eldarion

Post by Eldarion »

I saw an Oprah show on this disorder once and they refered to it as ADD, just attention deficit disorder.

When I saw the title though, I thought it was asking about the possible difficulties of playing AADD on the whistle (whatever they might be).
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

The starting notes AAA d2 d are suggesting a tune in my head. If I wasn't supposed to be sitting here working, I'd go and compose a tune to follow (or nick one I've heard somewhere). Of course the tune should be totally disjointed and keep losing its way - possible titles :-
Where did I put it?
I'll do that next
Now I'll Just...
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Graphics Guy

Post by Graphics Guy »

And here I thought it was...was....ummm
What was the question ?
Dan
Hey Moe, Hey Larry, Hey Fellas, Whoooo Whoooo Whooooo
hillfolk22

Post by hillfolk22 »

On 2002-02-04 05:22, Martin Milner wrote:
The starting notes AAA d2 d are suggesting a tune in my head. If I wasn't supposed to be sitting here working, I'd go and compose a tune to follow (or nick one I've heard somewhere). Of course the tune should be totally disjointed and keep losing its way - possible titles :-
Where did I put it?
I'll do that next
Now I'll Just...

Now there ya go.... Go for it....

Where's my keys?

Would also be a good title and one could not figure out what key the tune was played in.
:grin:

Laura
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

T: Now Where Did I?
M:6/8
S:Martin Milner
L:1/8
R:jig
K:D

AAA d2d|ege fed|gbg faf|efg ABc
AAA d2d|gfe fed|bag fga|ABc d3||
g2g e2e|agf ede|fga bge|ded cBA
AAA d2d|ede fga|bge afd|1 Ace dfa|
|2 BAF D3|

There's a 99% chance I've heard this somewhere before, but in case it's new, I hereby dedicate it to Medical Science, and anybody on this board is welcome to play it anywhere they please! Any fresh titles welcome.

If anyone recognises this tune, I'd be keen to learn its real name.

Edit: 06/02/02 I've altered a couple bars. In bar 2 I've changed efe to ege, which seems to give a little more zing, and the very last bar 1st time round to bring the tune back towards the g2. I've also changed the C's to c's as StevieJ's post below points out. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martin Milner on 2002-02-06 04:31 ]</font>
StevieJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Martin,

This should let us hear your effort without getting off our bums to grab a whistle. PS I changed your "C"s to "c"s.

<!-- bbabc preamble start --><blockquote><hr><font size=-1><pre><!-- bbabc preamble end -->
X:1
T:AAADD
M:6/8
L:1/8
C:Martin Milner
R:Jig
K:D
AAA d2d | efe fed | gbg faf | efg ABc |
AAA d2d | gfe fed | bag fga | ABc d3 :||
g2g e2e | agf ede | fga bge | ded cBA |
AAA d2d | ede fga | bge afd | BAF D3 ||
<!-- bbabc submit start --></pre></font><font size=-1><FORM NAME="abc1" ACTION="http://www.concertina.net/tunes_detail. ... on=convert" METHOD=POST><INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="creator" VALUE=""><INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="body" VALUE="[ABCNEWLINE]X:1[ABCNEWLINE]T:AAADD[ABCNEWLINE]M:6/8[ABCNEWLINE]L:1/8[ABCNEWLINE]C:Martin Milner[ABCNEWLINE]R:Jig[ABCNEWLINE]K:D[ABCNEWLINE]AAA d2d | efe fed | gbg faf | efg ABc |[ABCNEWLINE]AAA d2d | gfe fed | bag fga | ABc d3 :||[ABCNEWLINE]g2g e2e | agf ede | fga bge | ded cBA |[ABCNEWLINE]AAA d2d | ede fga | bge afd | BAF D3 ||[ABCNEWLINE]"> <script>document.write("<a href='javascript:document.abc1.submit()'>View and hear this tune at concertina.net</a>")</script><noscript><input type="submit" value="View and hear this tune at concertina.net"></noscript></form></font><hr></blockquote><!-- bbabc submit end -->