What's up with Dale? (by Dale)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What's up with Dale? (by Dale)

Post by Dale »

Dear Friends,

I want first to apologize for neglecting C&F of late. I've missed being involved at my usual level. Over the years, the second most common question I've been asked is "How do you have time to do all of that?" (The first most common question, by the way, is "What's the most common question you are asked?"). Well, I'm entering a period in my life when time demands have finally forced me to cut back on C&F time. For the next year or two, this will continue to be the case. I'm having to deal with some very serious and pressing professional issues, which are demanding of both my time and my psychological energy. (By the way, I'd be grateful for your thoughts and/or prayers as I go through this).

I've fallen behind on some things and, if I have failed to answer your email or follow-through with something, please bear with me. I did outline a newsletter last night, so I am hopeful to get something out in the next week.

The other thing, of course, which you all know about by now, is that I've had to get my marriage to Britney Spears annulled. That whole episode has me pretty upset. It's not the kind of thing that has happened to me very often. Thank goodness there were no children involved (at least that I know about.)

Thanks for your support.

Dale
Last edited by Dale on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Get a Brittany Spaniel. Nicer hair, better behavior and spells its name right.

Don't know why you are apologizing, oh Wise One, you have been around plenty. I appreciate you just the way you are.

As for support, our main thing here is providing tension release thru comedy, witticisms and "long and intense conversations (got that from the latest Comcast ad)" about the three subjects polite people avoid...

I dunno... do you really want therapy from US :twisted: ?????
glauber

Post by glauber »

You're a good one, Dale. If you weren't already a Psychologist, i'd say go get your head examined now that you have the free time!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

All the best to you, Dale! I hope that things resolve for you in the manner you wish them to. Good thoughts and stress-reducing energies are coming your way!!

~Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Annulment isn't divorce. No federal case here.
Love ya, Big Fella!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Good luck, Dale, with whatever you are going through.

:)
~JessieD
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Whether you are around frequently or seldom, the question is always, "What's up with Dale?"

:P

Robin
janice

Post by janice »

Good luck and take care, Dale.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Take care Dale.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Dale, from the news reports, it sounds like you've been through hell. My heart goes out to you. The wedding sounded wonderful:

"The bride wore a baseball cap and torn jeans down the aisle. The groom wore a Lord of the Rings t-shirt and a green plaid kilt. Music was provided by the Las Vegas Elk's Lodge Wee Kirk of the Castle Bagpipe Band."

The rest of the report brought a tear to my eye, however:

"Wisely was back in his hometown Sunday.

A close friend of Wisely's told Entertainment Tonight: 'He'd been through a lot. We picked him up in New Orleans coming back and he didn't have much to say, except to repeat over and over 'there's no place like home...there's no place like home...'

Calls to Wisely's family home were answered by a machine. A woman wearing a paper bag over her head was stopped on the lawn outside the home and made this statement: 'We know about the wedding and stuff. It's all over the news.' "

My heart goes out to you,
Susan
Bloomfield

Re: What's up with Dale? (by Dale)

Post by Bloomfield »

DaleWisely wrote:Dear Friends,

....Well, I'm entering a period in my life when time demands have finally forced me to cut back on C&F time. For the next year or two, this will continue to be the case. I'm having to deal with some very serious and pressing professional issues, which are demanding of both my time and my psychological energy. (By the way, I'd be grateful for your thoughts and/or prayers as I go through this).
Dear Dale,
I know what you are going through, and it's tough. Just let me assure you that you are not alone, and that I, too, and many others are struggling to come to terms with how lousy this season of Sex and the City is. It's an emotional drain and has affected my professional life, too.

Offering best wishes,

Bloomfield
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

*waves to Dale*

A wee haiku for you:

Traces of echoes:
When did I hear your voice, last?
You seemed not absent.

Good luck, and slay many dragons, O Undisputed. You are not far from our thoughts.
dDave

Post by dDave »

Howdy,

Well Dale, you succeeded in turning me on to this whole whistle thing, so it's only natural for you to feel your work here is done :)

But seriously, I appreciate what you have done and wish you the best. Please take care and dive back in when you can.

Best,

Dave
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I'll call you when I'm in town, maybe we can do Sushi...
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

All my best to you, Dale.

Obviously, you have devoted friends here. I feel privileged to count myself among them.

Best wishes,
Jerry