James McNally

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pashley

James McNally

Post by pashley »

Anyone know if or when, James McNally will be coming out with a new album? (I did spell his name correctly, so I don't get grief this time about a post) :)
Talbert St. Claire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

james mcnally!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

hi patrick! you spelled it correctly! :wink: go to afro celt's web-page there is an awful lot to examine! in regards to a follow-up to "everybreath" from james, not to sure about that! i typically find these things out by walking into a record store and this is always my best way of knowing! i don't
follow it that closely. but if and when he record's another album i'll
definitely buy it! he's a big influence on me as you know. all the best
in your search!!! :wink:
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I'd say don't hold your breath; I enjoyed Everybreath, but I expect you won't see another solo recording any time soon.

Loren
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

Did I read on this board a long time ago that McNalley was coerced into doing that cd by the publisher and that he personally wasn't happy with it? I've listened to samples of Afro Celt Sound System. Would anyone who really likes them recommend their favorite cd? (And maybe a comment on why that one or about your tastes for perspective?)

Tony
I'd say don't hold your breath
Oh, I get it Loren. Took me awhile.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
pashley

Post by pashley »

I thought that CD was excellent, a wonderful expression of Low Whistles. I'm not a big fan of traditional Irish music, so this was great for me.
formerly of "The Tin Whistle Page".
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

TonyHiggins wrote: I've listened to samples of Afro Celt Sound System. Would anyone who really likes them recommend their favorite cd? (And maybe a comment on why that one or about your tastes for perspective?)
Well, I have their first three CDs and find all of them a bit disappointing having seen and heard them live. I don't mean just a clip of a couple of minutes; if you get the chance see a full concert. They are truly riveting live. As for the CDs, I haven't settled on a favourite yet. I think they are all worthwhile, but none have the impact of a live or even videoed concert.
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

(Sigh) You really are slow sometimes Tony :roll: :P

I like the 2nd and 3rd Afro Celts CD's best.....probably number 2 is my fave.

I agree with Wombat - they are by far best live, really fantastic! (Thanks again C&B! :) )

Loren