Lark Woodworks vs. Waldco

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Lark Woodworks vs. Waldco

Post by Walden »

I just get sick and tired of Lark's constant bad mouthing of Waldco® products. He posts and he posts, and all of them seem to be badmouthing me. So, I'm instigating a new policy. I will trade you one Waldentone for any two Squistles. This is the best deal you'll ever get. Act now. This offer can and will be be revoked at any time!
Reasonable person
Walden
Lark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lark »

I have not, and will never badmouth Waldco® inferior products, or poor customer service. I will admit to being a chronic poster, as my post count shows, however I make no apologies, but I am sorry about posting so much. And all those wonderful smart (and forgiving people with splinters in there lips) who now own a wood Squistle, will only trade it for a Walden tone if they want free replacements for swizzle sticks. That’s all I have to say…

……Walden smells of elderberries
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Lark wrote:I have not, and will never badmouth Waldco® inferior products, or poor customer service.
Oh... yeah... I didn't realize you were referring to our inferior products. Duly noted.
Lark wrote:I will admit to being a chronic poster, as my post count shows, however I make no apologies, but I am sorry about posting so much. And all those wonderful smart (and forgiving people with splinters in there lips) who now own a wood Squistle, will only trade it for a Walden tone if they want free replacements for swizzle sticks. That’s all I have to say…
But fine swizzle sticks they are, unlike the Squistle, which claims to be a whistle, but isn't even very round!
Lark wrote:……Walden smells of elderberries
That is not elderberries, it's sheepshowers... or was it dandelions? I forget. Been too long since I buried the bottle in the back yard... uh... I mean... uh... I am... uh... a... teetotaler...
Reasonable person
Walden
Lark

Post by Lark »

Walden wrote: unlike the Squistle, which claims to be a whistle, but isn't even very round!
Roundness does not make the whistle. I mean, a wooden whistle that wouldn’t whistle isn’t a wooden whistle that you would want to whistle with, wooden or what. With what we want a wooden whistle to whistle like, I wouldn’t whistle with Walden’s whistle.

However……

The Squistle sound is surely so superb, the slight slip in it’s shape student sully the super sighs it slips from someone who surveys it’s sensational sounds. Surely someone slighted by it’s shape, should shake off it’s slant, and sing it’s superb praises.

And yes, it’s elderberry whine…
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Lark wrote:
Walden wrote: unlike the Squistle, which claims to be a whistle, but isn't even very round!
Roundness does not make the whistle. I mean, a wooden whistle that wouldn’t whistle isn’t a wooden whistle that you would want to whistle with, wooden or what. With what we want a wooden whistle to whistle like, I wouldn’t whistle with Walden’s whistle.
Tell that to Cooperman!
Lark wrote:However……

The Squistle sound is surly so superb, the slight slip in it’s shape student sully the super sighs it slips form someone who surveys it’s sensational sounds. Surly someone slighted by it’s shape, should shake off it’s shape, and sing it’s superb praises.

Lark wrote:And yes, it’s elderberry whine…
Oh yeah? Well, you smell of Squistle whine!
Reasonable person
Walden
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Lark wrote:Roundness does not make the whistle. I mean, a wooden whistle that wouldn’t whistle isn’t a wooden whistle that you would want to whistle with, wooden or what. With what we want a wooden whistle to whistle like, I wouldn’t whistle with Walden’s whistle.

However……

The Squistle sound is surely so superb, the slight slip in it’s shape student sully the super sighs it slips from someone who surveys it’s sensational sounds. Surely someone slighted by it’s shape, should shake off it’s slant, and sing it’s superb praises.
Lovely, Lark. Lip-loosening language is largely lost - lucky lurkers to locate lively linguistic looniness labored on by Lark.

Susan (who will state no preference for round or square whistles)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

susnfx wrote:Susan (who will state no preference for round or square whistles)
Reasonable person
Walden
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

C'mon, now, guys! Put away your waterguns! There has to be an amicable solution!

I have tried both the Waldentone and the Squistle, and I have to say I like them both, although for different reasons.

The Waldentone has a nice, round tone, especially if you use circular breathing when you play.

The Squistle's tuning is always square-on, even when you are playing a tune with four flats.
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

BrassBlower wrote:The Squistle's tuning is always square-on, even when you are playing a tune with four flats.
You got that right. A friend was playing a high D Squistle, and that's exactly the key it sounded like. Ab.
Reasonable person
Walden
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Mr. Walden
Waldco Inc.
Boondocks, USA

Sir:

My client, susnfx, has had quite enough of your libellous behavior. You will cease and desist using her photograph in your advertising for Waldco products (which a little bird told her are quite inferior). Either that or you will send her a check for the amount of the increase in your revenues due to said advertising, which she is certain is huge.

Your "friend,"
Bartholomew Benjamin Bratwurst, CLASS (Certified Legal Aid Society Swindler)

(P.S. I do like the look of that whistle-flute thingy, whatever it is. Enclosed is a money order from 7-11 for $3.95 which should cover the cost of the item and shipping. Please send it to my office in a plain brown package with no return address.)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

susnfx wrote:I do like the look of that whistle-flute thingy, whatever it is. Enclosed is a money order from 7-11 for $3.95 which should cover the cost of the item and shipping. Please send it to my office in a plain brown package with no return address.
Ah! The refined beauty of the Waldentone! Charms even the solicitor at law into acquiring one!
Reasonable person
Walden
cyberspiff

Post by cyberspiff »

A perfect solution. You both need to send ME some whistles to compare. After sufficient study, say 3 or 4 years, I'll be glad to write a comparison :D
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

:lol: :o :lol: :o :lol:

What ever have you folks been eating (drinking, smoking, etc.) in the chat room lately? I want some! :wink:

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Mr Walden Waldco Sir,

you sold me a WaldenDiatone, and while it looks just as advertised, I have a minor planxty to inquire about:

Are you positively sure a Diatonic instrument has just two equally mean tones ?

Here's your product, so you make sure we do talk of the same model and release:

This sound clip may help you check if my WaldenDiatone sounds normally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Mr Dark in the Dawning

I just acquired one of your "Roxanna" Larkettes, and the fingering chart missed in the pack.
Btw: is it diatonic or gintonic ?
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Sunnywindo wrote::lol: :o :lol: :o :lol:

What ever have you folks been eating (drinking, smoking, etc.) in the chat room lately? I want some! :wink:

:) Sara
Oh, but of course! It's the special food we got from the Crystal People! :lol: :P :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo