The sword is mightier than the pen!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
FireFighterLT
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by FireFighterLT »

Serious, FireFighter? Or pulling our legs?
No im not serious :D
Culture Shock: I once told my wife she was a shopaholic and I was going to clean out her closet. So she goes to the mall and buys a $45,000 home security system and a pair of pumps
Jens_Hoppe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Well, I am back at my computer after the ROTK premiere (and three hours of sleep :D ).

I found the film to be very, very good. Granted, I need to digest the experience a bit more, but first impressions are that this is the best of the three films. Quite a few changes from the book, but not many major ones, compared to some of the stuff we got in the second film.

As expected, Saruman was a no-show in the theatrical version, but we can probably expect scenes with him in the extended DVD. Also as expected, the entire "Scouring of the Shire" chapter of the book was scrapped, and as far as I know, it wasn't even filmed in the first place...

IMHO, like the second film, this film had too much of an emphasis on action scenes, leading to other scenes in the book being rushed or left out entirely. I can't deny that the battle of the Pelennor Fields makes Helm's Deep look like a schoolyard brawl in comparison.

Still, this is the final installment in the trilogy, and it has all the climaxes! (making it much more fullfilling as a movie than the second one) Movie-weepers definitely need to bring their handkerchiefs. ;)

Jens
Cees
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Thank you, Jens! It was really nice to read your review. I'm glad to know that my expectations will probably be fulfilled!