100% O.T. Saddam Hussein

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

tansy wrote:do you think that iraq's new democracy will have seperation of church and state? :-?
Most likely, but I don't know whether mosque and state will be entirely separate.
Reasonable person
Walden
Whistle_along_Cassidy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Democracy

Post by Whistle_along_Cassidy »

Democracy in the minds of uneducated people is anarchy, even our founding fathers knew this. Things take time and time in Iraq is something i wouldnt want to do. Just god bless our soilders!!! i did not support President Bushs reasons for going, some people do i understand that and we all hvae our reasons, but he got us into this now we got to get out.
-andrew cassidy
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

We were led to believe that this man Saddam was a fighter, someone who would go down fighting to the death, not some coward who'd get caught in a rat hole, and act like a chicken. I bet he got caught by surprise and decided to play the fool, so he talked alot (strategy to talk them out of it) since he figured they didn't know who he was for sure. I bet he thought he could get out of this one, but got a real wake-up call when he came to the surface and saw the mighty forces.

My guess is that he hasn't been living like that all this time...dirty, haggard, unkept due to isolation. He probably had word that there was a search for him and went to his childhood playgrounds. But I'm probably wrong. He couldn't hang out with friends or relatives...he didn't trust anyone, so he had to avoid everybody. I'd guess that the beard was by design...to disguise his face, and the money was for paying off his couriers and assassins. He probably did move about quite a bit, in his yellow and white limo, and it was probably some relatives or friends that squeeled on him for the reward.

-conspiracy theorist
energy

Post by energy »

Celtoid wrote:And then the cycle begins anew of corruption and power gathering and a new tyrant will emerge sooner or later, under our wing we hope. already our man Chalabi is wanted for Bank fraud in Jordan, so we have a good start.

So its on to Syria. And now that we have voted sanctions, and the president can impose them, we have the tool to ratchet up the situation. Bottom line is we have not yet finished the work that our friends in Israel have tasked us to do. The Near East must be made safe for the Israeli colonialists.
Is there a chance that the US is in Iraq because the Israelis want them there? Yes. Not a big one though, as more likely they'd rather have us take out Syria. They are also a justifiable target from an anti-terrorism standpoint. Iraq wasn't exactly the biggest threat to Israel.

Is there a possibility that the US is in Iraq for oil? Yes, it's possible that we simply want access to their oil. Does this mean we are going to cheat the Iraqis for it? Not necesarrilly.

Is Bush just in Iraq because it was his dad's war? Maybe, but we really don't know that, and it's not the sort of thing that shoud be assumed unless you know a person well enough to make character judgements on him. I think it's pretty safe to assume that none of us do.

Did Bush fabricate a bunch of evidence just because he felt like going to war? Who knows. He seems like an honest guy, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

My point is that a whole lot of rhetoric is being thrown around these days about all the bad reasons the U.S is really in Iraq. The truth is, no one knows why we're there. Maybe Bush actually was lead to believe that Hussein had WMD(there's a novel idea). Maybe they were right, but Hussein managed to ship them out of the country. Who knows. It's easy for anyone with an political viewpoint that opposes Bush to simply assume the worst because it fits what they want to believe about the president, when in fact, no one knows. The liberals don't know, the conservatives don't know, the moderates don't know.

So what do we know? Well, we know an evil dictator has been forced out of power. We should be glad for that. We also know what we fear: that the Bush administration will set up another corrupt puppet government and in that in truth neither we we nor the Iraqis will be better off for all the fighting. Only time will tell if our nightmare comes true. Until then...don't assume too much.
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

energy wrote:Is Bush just in Iraq because it was his dad's war? Maybe, but we really don't know that, and it's not the sort of thing that shoud be assumed unless you know a person well enough to make character judgements on him. I think it's pretty safe to assume that none of us do.
Probably most people try to make some amount of character judgment before voting on a presidential candidate's electors, granted all the vast majority have is second hand (or third or more) information, at that point.
Reasonable person
Walden
Jack

Post by Jack »

Where's Osama?
Cees
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Wow, I am really shocked. I first heard about it here on the board, this morning, and didn't believe it at first. I thought they would never find him.
I hope this will help peace come more quickly over there and help our military come home sooner. (My uncle...originally from Panama but became an American citizen...has been over there for 10 months, leaving behind a wife and four children. She's had a real struggle without him. He gets to come home next week for two weeks of leave and she is so ecstatic about it. After that, she won't see him again until April when he gets to come home for good.)

:)
madguy

Post by madguy »

He was caught like the cowardly rat he is. After torturing, murdering, using chemical weapons, etc., on his fellow countrymen, he hid in a hole, and, upon his capture, had the audacity to say he wanted to make a deal. I suppose so. He went from being a terrorstic dictator, to being checked for head lice.
As one of the Iraqis at the conference announcing his capture stood and shouted out, "Death to Saddam, long live Iraq. Long live Iraq, death to Saddam!"
But let's let the Iraqis deal with him now in their own courts, after they are set up. If he were executed now, he'd be a martyr to a misguided few. The majority of the citizens of Iraq were dancing in the streets, praising the American troops, and firing their guns into the air.....BTW, where do those bullets land, anyway? :D

~Larry
Jack

Post by Jack »

I am absolutely against the death penalty in all cases, as I believe it is cruel and barbaric. No matter how horrid and terrorizing any given person is, no matter how many people they have killed and/or tortured, that does not give us the right to take their life. I feel we should show as much compassion as possible. Granted, it's Saddam Hussein, you can't exactly be cuddly with him, but what message are we sending (as people) by killing him? "To show you that your murdering people is wrong, we are going to murder you."?

I believe he shouldn't be executed. Instead, he should go to a maximum security underwater prison in the Netherlands until he dies.
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

madguy wrote:BTW, where do those bullets land, anyway? :D
~Larry
I worry about that, too, Larry. What goes up must come down, right? Was that The Fifth Dimension? Seriously, though, isn't there the potential for harm to innocent folks when they do this?
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
madguy

Post by madguy »

Believe it or not, a few years back, there was an incident in Philly on New Years' Eve, I believe, where shots were fired into the air to celebrate the holiday, and a bullet hit a 5 year old boy n the head, and he was in the hospital for a week or two.
I've always been a staunch advocate against the possession of hand guns by citizens, and something like that incident explains why. But now that I have three grandchildren, and given the home-invasions, muggings, etc., that happen on a daily basis, I'm looking into what it takes to get a hand gun permit in NJ.
Call me paranoid or stupid.... or perhaps it's just my age! :)

~Larry
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

jim_mc wrote:
madguy wrote:BTW, where do those bullets land, anyway? :D
~Larry
I worry about that, too, Larry. What goes up must come down, right? Was that The Fifth Dimension? Seriously, though, isn't there the potential for harm to innocent folks when they do this?
I remember reading a report from Afghanistan a few years ago where it was stated that people were regularly killed or wounded by, er, "celebratory fire".
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

I jsut want to remind you all I live in a place where the headlines are not that the man was arerested but that the man who did the arresting has a father who came from Cooraclare and his auntie is still living there. She was interviewed for televsion ofcourse ['I am just after finding out it was himself I can't believe it']. He was also wearing socks that were in all probability made in Ireland.

Taht brings back th tiems where the headlines read 'IRISHMAN DIES Titanic Sinks'
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

If roughly 60 years ago, we would have caught Adolf Hitler hiding in a hole in the ground - what would we have done then? Would he have been taken alive? Would one of the arresting soldiers been so angry at Hitler's forces killing his friends all around him that he would have shot him then and there anyway?

It makes sense to keep Saddam alive as long as he's useful and providing information. Past that, who knows. What would happen to him if he were left to the Iraqi people? I'd hardly be supprised to see calls for his public hanging or having him drawn and quartered! But then again, the question of martyrdom arises. Will he become like Yoda or Obi Ben Kenobi? "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!" Still, I bet Yoda could kick Saddam's whimpy little butt any day of the week!
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

If anyone in the US doesn't think we should kill him, fine - transfer Hussien to Iran where he will probably get swift justice. (That he deserves)
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D