If you could only have.....

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
vaulter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

If you could only have.....

Post by vaulter »

One whistle what would it be? If you didn't have to worry about the waiting list or the price or anything like that ...if poof you could just have whatever whistle by whatever maker in whatever key you wanted. What would it be? and lets just to be concise say no extra tubes or anything so just the single whistle in a single key and you couldn't have any other's EVER :).
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I likes my elfsong bunches. :D
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Burke WWB in D
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

burke low D EZ composite :love:
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Burke AlPro D.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Ok, do you mean just one more whistle, in addition to those we already have, or the proverbial "if you could only take one whistle to an island for the rest of your life" whistle? If the former, a Copeland C; if the latter, my Copeland soprano nickel D.

Regards,

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Today: Wilson blackwood in D (the only wood/key he ever made). AFAIK, these are no longer available. The first batch was incredible, but it appears as though the quality went down really fast and he stopped making them.

90% of the time I would probably say thin Weasel in D.

Of those I don't have, Grinter low-F.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
slowair

Post by slowair »

Sindt D
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

There was this unusually good Copeland Nickel C I sold once.....but I'll never get that back, so I'd choose an Overton Low F - I just love that whistle, and love that key; not too high, not too low.

Loren
Jack

Post by Jack »

Something wide, with big fingerholes, not too loud or shrill, key of D with an extra C hole at the bottom, strong lower octave, smooth easily transitioning upper octave, very responsive, full rich tone, preferably not brass, and under $10. :P
Last edited by Jack on Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

This is a really tough question. Now give me about 10 whistles and I'd still have problems choosing. OK: Grinter low F.
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Wombat wrote:This is a really tough question. Now give me about 10 whistles and I'd still have problems choosing. OK: Grinter low F.
If a nice wooden whistle like that were the only one I could own, I'd constantly be worried about someone sitting on it, or knocking it off a table, or......well you get the idea.

So, I'd want something that could be hammered back into shape, hee hee.

Loren
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Wombat wrote:This is a really tough question. Now give me about 10 whistles and I'd still have problems choosing. OK: Grinter low F.
Funny I was going to vote the same. But yours and mine are sister-ships, too. Of all my whistles, this Grinter low F is the most balanced, in every sense of the term. So, if I had to keep but one, it would be it.

It's kind of delicate, but the PVC (plumbing tube) case I felt I had to build for it takes over the pub bludgeon function. 8)

And this eventhough I just cashed big bobs for something more versatile though in F and in wood (it's a mixed construction ;) )too. We'll see if I was right on this hunch when it comes in.
It's true: I read it on Internet.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Zubivka wrote:
Funny I was going to vote the same. But yours and mine are sister-ships, too. Of all my whistles, this Grinter low F is the most balanced, in every sense of the term. So, if I had to keep but one, it would be it.
Well reading your response and Loren's I think I have a solution to our problem. Let's just find a desert island big enough for about 100 people and agree to each vote for something different. But, hey, will somebody out there vote for something other than a low F please? And lets bring along a good dentist and plenty of mouthwash. :lol:
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Cooperman