...consuming T..I..M..E...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
emmline
antispam: No

...consuming T..I..M..E...

Post by emmline »

I'm sorta interested in how it is that some of the folks here can be so consistently present...do you do anything else?
I mean...I shouldn't be here right now...

Emily: I gotta go to Giant. I hate Giant.
Jeff:(hubby) begins to hum Glen Campbell's "such are the dreams of the everyday housewife.."

Emily: refrains from using Overton low D as a weapon Wrong. Everyday housewives like Giant. I hate Giant.

Jeff: retreats downstairs to play "Skip to my Lou" on sax...not bad for a dude who, at 56, has never even learned to read music before...I knew we'd rub off on him eventually...

Well, just wondering how you guys fit your lives in around C&F. Now, I really do (like it or not) have to go to Giant.
skh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: ...consuming T..I..M..E...

Post by skh »

emmline wrote:I'm sorta interested in how it is that some of the folks here can be so consistently present...do you do anything else?
I mean...I shouldn't be here right now...
I'm working with, on, and around computers most of the time, so I'm constantly online. I've been rather busy lately (i.e. really focussed programming, not the test-debug-write a few lines-grab the flute-read online fora-code a few lines again-read email-play a tune-routine I can spend whole weekends in), so I've been here less. I tend to be less active on chat, mailing lists and web communities the more music I make. The signature's there for a reason ;-)

Sonja
Shut up and play.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I work at home and check in a lot. Plus, it's easier to get through all the posts here if you do them several times a day. When I leave them all till the end of the day it takes a long time.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Emm, I often just have the computer on, and I'm doing something else in the house. When I worked, I was on the computer and online at the same time.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

I shop at Safeway
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I work here in my home office, right at the computer, most of the time. C&F keeps me company, together with various streaming media radio and performance archives.

Best wishes,
Jerry
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I think I will blame it all on WhOA. I keep an eye out for whistles that I am interested in. I sincerely appreciate all those that have contributed to this, it has helped our marriage become fuller and richer!

:)
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I'm working at my computer a lot, and I take
breaks by seeing what you'all are up to. Best
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I'm at work right now sitting at the reference desk at the library, I keep this board window open and pop in and out.

At home I don't spend much time at all the chiff board.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

emmline wrote:
Emily: I gotta go to Giant.

:P Because The only Giant I know has little green Sprouts :lol:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
emmline

Post by emmline »

CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:
emmline wrote:
Emily: I gotta go to Giant.

:P Because The only Giant I know has little green Sprouts :lol:
Feel free to substitute Sainsbury, Tesco, whatever...
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I am retired. This and one other board are all I ever check into. Much of the time I am working at my computer on Genealogy. That is my other big hobby. It doesn't cost as much but it consumes more time. When I need a break from my illustrious ancestors I check C&F and/or GC. I just came back from Shoppers Food Warehouse because it is cheaper than Giant or Safeway. When you are retired you care about these things.

Ron
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I have been unemployed for quite a while now, though I do get some contract work at the computer. Because most jobs no longer are posted in the newspaper, I spend hours perusing online job websites and applying by email, attaching the resume, writing cover letters and sending faxes. etc etc. Like others, I check in frequently to gauge my sanity, tickle my sense of humor or raise my blood pressure (from political threads). Interestingly enough, one post can do all three!!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Ok, well I started this. I guess my personal excuse is that I'm working on a book, therefore I'm on the computer, therefore if I "check in" at C&F, not much time is being wasted... right?...right? (and not many calories are consumed if you eat standing up.)
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

I work in computer support where part of my job is to be waiting. Something breaks they want me imediately available to go fix it. C&F gives me something to play with while I'm waiting for my next call or project. I renews my psyche and at the same time is something I can lay down quickly when called.

In the evenings, I check in a couple of times a week, usually following some 'work at home' task. C&F is kind of a reward of getting my homework done.
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.