OT: My Sad News

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Glengary
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Glengary »

Steve,
It's been six years since I lost my Dad - and we were very close. I hope you can find peace and comfort in appreciating the good things you shared, in knowing that the love between a parent and child is unique to itself, and that many people within this community (as well perhaps in the other "communities" of your life) empathize with you and support you in this trying time. Keep the good things of her close to heart.
Tim
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I'm glad you could be there with your father, brothers and sisters during this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim
Claus von Weiss

Post by Claus von Weiss »

Steve,
my thoughts and prayers are with you in these troubled days, knowing, how bad it hurts to lose a parent.
May all the good and the love you shared with her live on in your heart and comfort you in your grief.
Claus
BobP

Post by BobP »

Steve,
I add my condolences to others on the board. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Dear Steve,

It's been almost two years to the day since I lost my mother at about the same age as yours. I share your grief and pray for peace and comfort in the midst of your loss.

Terry
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

Thank you so much for all your kind words, which I continue to receive, via this board and by e-mail. You've been a great source of comfort.

Steve

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StevePower on 2002-01-20 06:34 ]</font>
clark
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

Steve,

I want to add my condolences to the above. It has not been long since I lost my mother as well and there is often something special between mothers and sons... I'll play a tune for her as well and keep you in my thoughts today.

Clark
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Steve,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my father a few years ago, he was only 54. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you, and I wish you the best during this difficult time, and beyond.

Take Care, and don't hesitate to shout for us here on the message board if there's anything we can do to help.

Loren
Cinead

Post by Cinead »

Steve,
My prayers are with you and your family in the loss of your mother. It's hard to lose a parent or grandparent. I wish we could keep them all.

Ken
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Oh Steve, I'm so sorry for you. 68 is too young.

Mary
TnWhistler

Post by TnWhistler »

Steve,

Sorry for the loss of you Mother. My sympathies to your family.

Tim Harkleroad
TnWhistler
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad 6 months ago and I know it is hard to give them up. But, I know it helps me to think of him able to play music again in a better place than I can imagine. I prayer is that your Mom is enjoying renewed life too. You and your family are in my prayers.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Steve, I'm very sad to hear of the loss of your mother. My prayers are with you and your family. It's a tradition on this board to play a tune for the loved one. Many people played for my dad two years ago when I announced his death here. I'll play a slow air and think of you.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Steve,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I am blessed to still have both my parents, to whom I am very close.

deepest sympathies, Martin
PaulGil

Post by PaulGil »

My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. I too lost my ma after a long ugly illness. I treasure the memories of her before she got sick. She was caring, gentle and what I treasure most, full of fun and laughter. She always had a joke or story for me when I came home. She and my father were the smoothest dancers on the floor at weddings and get togethers. I wish you peace Steve, and may your memories of your mother in the good times bring a smile to your heart.
Paul Gilgallon