The Dreaming Serpent

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
serpent
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

The Dreaming Serpent

Post by serpent »

And it came to pass that the serpent took his friend to hospital to be examined by doctors, poked and prodded, and scanned. And while he waited, the serpent thought. And as thinking always makes the serpent sleepy, eventually he slept. And the serpent dreamed....

And in the dream, a Chiff and a Fipple came to the serpent, and spake thusly: "Serpent, you make whistles, do you not?" And the serpent replied in the positive. And the Chiff and the Fipple said to the serpent, "and some of the whistle you make are known to all and sundry as "Low D" whistles, are they not?" And the serpent replied in the positive. And the Chiff and the Fipple went to a far corner of the room and conferred, and the Chiff was delegated to return. And the Chiff asked the serpent, "Serpent, why are your Low D Whistles all so quiet? We know they are chiffy by design, and are easy to play by people with small hand, and are well-tuned, but again, why are they so quiet?"

The serpent pondered the words of the Chiff and the Fipple, and called the Fipple over to join the conversation. And the serpent spake thusly: I shall go forth and consider your question, for indeed, it is one I have asked of myself many times in the past, when people would ask you, the Chiff and the Fipple, "What is a decently loud low D whistle to purchase?", and you could tell them not.

And the serpent dreamed again, and in the dream, a whistle arose from the lake in the hands of a maiden, and she did say unto him, "go ye forth, oh serpent, and examine the head on this whistle, which shall be your task to analyze and build!"

And lo, the serpent did take the whistle from the hands of the maiden, who forthwith vanished under the waters of the lake. And the serpent bore the whistle to his workshop, deep in the impenetrable forests surrounding Lawson, and there for many hours did the serpent pore over this magickal whistle, examining its head and workings.

And the serpent's analysis of the Dream Head of the Dreaming Serpent is all but complete, and all shall be revealed of the tale, come December.

And the serpent went to the Chiff and the Fipple, and bade them wait for the coming of the Great Wizard Wisely, who shall, in good time, inform the serpent that the time has come to reveal the secrets of his dreams.

Thus spake the serpent.

:o
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

(quote)And the serpent went to the Chiff and the Fipple, and bade them wait for the coming of the Great Wizard Wisely, (quote)

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :lol:
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

So, this would be the pre-advertisement about the actual advertisement to be posted, when approved, in December?
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

And the Great Wizard Wisely arose, as if from a drunken stupor, and uttered unto the Serpent, "Put Thou a sock in it, forthwith, until the turning of December, lest you incur my wrath which, rare tho it may be in issuance, ain't pretty."
Last edited by Dale on Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hey Serp, what did the snake oil salesman have to say?

Oh sorry, you've already told us that. :D
Mongoose of Righteousness

Post by Mongoose of Righteousness »

Hey Serpent,

I think folks around these parts are getting tired of your self-promotion. Other makers abide by the rules, but you are different, I suppose. "Not like all the other boys" as they say.

M of R.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mongoose of Righteousness wrote:Hey Serpent,

I think folks around these parts are getting tired of your self-promotion. Other makers abide by the rules, but you are different, I suppose. "Not like all the other boys" as they say.

M of R.
Oh, my goodness! What in the world?? Other makers announce developments here, too.
glauber

Post by glauber »

The Mongoose of Righteousness, eh? No wonder he doesn't like Serpent. OK, Bloomfield, we know it's you! :lol:
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy »

Mongoose of Righteousness wrote:Hey Serpent,

M of R.
If you've got a trumpet, blow it. If not use a whistle! I'll bet most of the Sepent whistle owners on this site have only got one 'coz of his so-called 'self-promotion'. You don't have to read it do you.

Oh, and before The Great Wizard Wisely gets too afronted, I am, to all intents and purposes, on his side of the fence when it comes to using the Foum for shameless advertising but come on, this is quite amusing. Isn't it?

Jetboy
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

All I know, is Bill, aka Serpent, certainly doesn't write hooded.

Also, I see someone needs again to come in with a phoney nick. Get out the closet, goose--or chicken--mon...
It's true: I read it on Internet.
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy »

Zubivka wrote:Also, I see someone needs again to come in with a phoney nick. Get out the closet, goose--or chicken--mon...
Sorry, does this refer to me?
Phoney nick? Whassat then?
What closet?

Jetboy
AKA Simon Styles
Weston Whistles UK
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Easy, Jetboy, and read back carefully. Or are you some Moon-Nessie of Righteouslochness? I guess you're not...

So why don't you rather tell us about your whistles? :D

PS: my suggestion, Serp': you already invented the WTT for those who'd complain about technical threads. This workes, and picked up to last.
I suggest you'd title all your other threads with SSS-AT (Serp's shameless self-advertising topic) so those who don't appreciate your humour don't click it... ;)
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy »

No offense taken Zub, I wasn't tuned in to your board-speak, so to speak. :oops:

My whistles are copper and brass, and chrome plated copper. All pretty fledgling stuff at the moment, but I am working on the website an'all that. In the interests of the Commercial Posting rules, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures and sound bites. If you are interested that is! :)

Jetboy
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Anyone good at interpreting dreams?
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Jetboy wrote:I wasn't tuned in to your board-speak, so to speak. :oops:
(pinching my nose, raising a couple antennas and a few tentacles up me head)
No offense.
We board-speak funny.
So to board-speak.
We're from France.
So to speak.
PM sent.
End transmission.
<EOF>