Somebody's 'dissing me!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Email I got this morning.

Dale,

It seems to me that you barely contribute to the message board. Do you even care about whistles anymore? Seems to me that all you do is pop up occasionally with something completely OT and weird. Like this Enron thing. Maybe it's time you retired.

Name Withheld

I'm thinking about a good reply but I'm not going to have time until after I finish shredding these Enron documents.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Let's see, you edit the newsletter, tend the website, read the message boards, deal with the email. . .but you don't post on an hourly basis.

Dale it is OBVIOUS that you just don't care.

<shaking head in disbelief>
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Sounds like somebody has too much free time on their hands. Blah. Tell 'em to go play their whistle and stay away from the computer...
Cody

Post by Cody »

Hey,
You could duct-tape them to a steel chair, lock them in a room with good resonance, and have them listen to me play the whistle for a couple of hours! :grin:
Professional artist. Amateur everything else.
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Dale: I firmly believe there are two types of individuals in the world: 'Doers' and 'Sitters'. The 'Doers do...The 'Sitters' take cheap shots at the 'Doers.'

Those who criticize what they do not understand are fools. Fahgedaboudit.

Cheers to you, Dale, and keep doing what you do.
Byll
Lady Whistler

Post by Lady Whistler »

Dale,

Don't pay them any attention, they are just jealous because they are not the Undisputed King of Internet Thinwhistle Journalism.(hope I got the title right) :smile:

Lady Whistler
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

What? Now you have to contribute to this forum in order to be classified as one who likes whistles? Does the CEO of a company need to contribute to all of it's forums in order to run the company? I think not.

Participate in the manner and quantity that you see fit :smile:

Erik

p.s. So did I win the Haiku contest or what? :wink:
totst

Post by totst »

Diss the Undisputed?? Sacrilege, heresy, I say!! Off with their heads.....

Tots

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: totst on 2002-01-16 12:10 ]</font>
Name Withheld

Post by Name Withheld »

Hey, get off my back, everybody! It was the only way I could get Dale to even acknowledge me! Oh, to tell of the hundreds of nice You're-Doing-A-Great-Job emails! The flowers I sent secretly. The Clare two-part whistle I sneaked in his mail box. And not a single acknowledgement. Nothing. Nada.

And now this. Publicly. I cannot bear it.
curioso

Post by curioso »

Oh, no! Surely it can't be Porridge again!

Knock 'em up side the head, Dale, yer doin just fine!
John Allison

Post by John Allison »

OK, I've always been the <i>Devil's Advocate</i> so I have to pose a few questions here...

1) How did Dale become <i>The Undisputed One</i>? Was this a personally appointed title or is there some sort of commission out there who bestows titles like this on unsuspecting people? Is there a crown and scepter that goes with the title as well?

B) Can I become an <i>Undisputed One</i> too and receive free stuff from people?? I would enjoy constantly getting gifts like whistles and CDs and clothing (but, please, no more underwear!!) and whistles and even pipes.

3) What exactly does the Chiff & Fipple office staff do, as well as the countless field reporters, if Dale does all the work? Who exactly is paying their salary??

IV) Are we paying for Dale's LearJet or was that a gift (wink wink) as well?

These questions deserve honest answers Dale!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Allison on 2002-01-16 15:06 ]</font>
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Name Withheld wrote:

Dale,

It seems to me that you barely contribute to the message board. Do you even care about whistles anymore? Seems to me that all you do is pop up occasionally with something completely OT and weird. Like this Enron thing. Maybe it's time you retired.
Actually, Name Witheld, Dale still cares a great deal about whistles. It's just that his collection has gotten so obscenely large from all those freebies, etc. that all he does any more is spread them out on the floor and wallows in them in WHOA ecstasy. Doesn't leave much time for this messageboard nonsense. And when he does post...well what cheek to try and insert some off topic levity. "Harrrumph!" I say! :evil: More mundane sobriety!!!!!! No more weirdness!!!!!(pant, pant) ... well...I'd just better go have a little lie down...(pant, pant)...I'll be better in a minute...

David de la Barre

P.S. :wink:

P.P.S. I think Name Witheld is really Porridge's evil twin "Oatmeal"...either that or he must be one of those bullys from Commie Martyr High...Holy Mudhead, Mackerel!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2002-01-16 18:24 ]</font>
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Personally, I like the completely OT and weird tidbits Dale throws out. It's the primary reason I got hooked on C&F when I first got here!

I still laugh at the "whistling posture" graphic on the main site. :smile:
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

I think I can answer one or two of these:

1) I think Dale became undisputed about the same time he became the <i>only</i> tinwhistle journalist. At the time my website was new, it had reviews of the 5 cheapie whistles I'd played. I stumbled across Dale's site (one of 3 tinwhistle sites on the internet, if I recall correctly), and saw that his reviews were more in depth and professional than mine. I tipped my hat to him at that time (though secretly envious that no one ever sent me a free whistle to review), removed my reviews, and put a link to his site from mine. I believe at the time I even said on my site that his reviews made my pitiful attempts look pathetic.

4) I think that your dues specifically are earmarked for the caviar served on the Lear, John. :wink:
On 2002-01-16 15:05, John Allison wrote:
OK, I've always been the <i>Devil's Advocate</i> so I have to pose a few questions here...

1) How did Dale become <i>The Undisputed One</i>? Was this a personally appointed title or is there some sort of commission out there who bestows titles like this on unsuspecting people? Is there a crown and scepter that goes with the title as well?

IV) Are we paying for Dale's LearJet or was that a gift (wink wink) as well?

These questions deserve honest answers Dale!!
LittleMy

Post by LittleMy »

Dear Dale-

Please establish a minimum posting quota. I'd hate to think I wasn't doing my part.

~L.M.

Oh, I forgot to mention whistles.
Whistles are a girl's best friend, gentlemen prefer whistles. There.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LittleMy on 2002-01-16 20:18 ]</font>