I inadvertantly haunted Cave-in-Rock

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
BmacD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I inadvertantly haunted Cave-in-Rock

Post by BmacD »

While on a late Sunday afternoon visit to Cave-in-Rock state park in southern IL. my wife and I had the cave to ourselves for almost 5 minuets and I got the chance to experience the ultimate reverb chamber for the M&E R&R. This cave is about 100 feet from mouth to the rear chamber and is not lighted except by natural light from the antrance which is about 25 feet in diameter. I had time for once thru 'Wayfareing Stranger' and had disassembled the flute into it's 4 pieces and stuffed it in my hip pocket.By this time my wife and I were standing in the entrance and the next visitors were arriving.One of them asked me if I had heard music a minuet ago.It was to good to pass up.'Yes, I did.I'm glad someone else heard it too,but I don't want to go in and look around today'. As we got to the top of the stairs leading up from the shore of the Ohio River I noticed several people looking down into the fenced grating that covers an opening from the surface down into the bulbous rear chamber ofthe cave.I had forgotten the picnic table surrounding this opening when I thought I had the cave to myself.
We have enough youth. How about a "fountain of smart".
andrew

Post by andrew »

How nice that BmacD played minuets in his cave !