Army funeral song?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

Cranberry wrote:Quote @ mvhplank
What I really think has happened is that Nature sensed a void in the "irritating poster" sector and has filled it.
Yes, congratulations Erik.
;-)
I suppose that I should be grateful for being singled out. My few minutes of fame... though I didn't realize that I was irritating. How so?
Last edited by ErikT on Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey! "Irritating poster" is my job.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Oh Erik.....I......was just being playful. I didn't really mean to imply you were irritating. :P

Ok, Nanohedron, you can be the irritating poster. You SKANK. I hate you. ;-)

Or mabey Lorenzo.

:lol:
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

And here a few days ago people were mooning over poor missing Cranberry.

Well, goody, it's back.

Heck, I'd just as soon it'd stayed lost... :roll:

John
glauber

Post by glauber »

ErikT wrote:9
Of all the annoying things!

Why 9? Why not 8? Why not 3.141592653589793...
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

glauber wrote:Why not 3.141592653589793...
Primarily because I had only memorized it to 5 digits... you had to open a book didn't you. Come on, admit it.

John, I wish you'd consider bashing Cran on topic. A general bashing is just mean; there are many people here that are his friends (of which I am one - though we often disagree).
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

What about me? Why don't I get bashed? Am I being left out? Now that blackhawk seems gone and whenever Madguy is sober I don't get bashed much. Makes you wonder... perhaps I am losing the touch. :)
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Bloomfield wrote:What about me? Why don't I get bashed? Am I being left out? Now that blackhawk seems gone and whenever Madguy is sober I don't get bashed much. Makes you wonder... perhaps I am losing the touch. :)
It's those vapid, irritating smilies you've been using lately. We feel like we have to pet you. :wink:
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Nanohedron wrote:Hey! "Irritating poster" is my job.
Ooooh! I thought you were supposed to be the irritating poser. :tomato:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

DCrom wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Hey! "Irritating poster" is my job.
Ooooh! I thought you were supposed to be the irritating poser. :tomato:
Yes, yes; scoff all you like. Someday I'll post on Clips 'n' Snips and then you'll know that I'm a poseur. :P
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:Ok, Nanohedron, you can be the irritating poster. You SKANK. I hate you. ;-)
*sigh of relief*

Man, the hoops ya gotta jump thru just to hang onto yer little spot in the sun around here...
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

ErikT wrote:John, I wish you'd consider bashing Cran on topic. A general bashing is just mean; there are many people here that are his friends (of which I am one - though we often disagree).
So, Cranberry's general bashing of veterans and service members, on their special day, was what, nice?

Yeah, well guess what, a lot of my friends and family have died in the service of this country. I have ancestors that have served in every war back to the War of Independence. Some gave their lives and some gave their health. My father was a disabled veteran of WWII and two of my uncles died in that war.

I enlisted a year after high school and served twelve years myself though I was fortunate in that no major conflicts happened to break out during that time. I got out about a year before the first Gulf war. When it broke out I actually felt bad that I was sitting at home making big bucks in the aerospace industry while many of my friends were squatting in the desert.

I have a half-dozen friends and acquaintenances who have served or are serving in the present war both in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It's clear that cranberry's motive for starting this thread was to stir up trouble and say hateful things about veterans on veteran's day. I have absolutely no use for that particular kind of jerk. If Cranberry can dish it out he/she/it had better be able to take it, too. I wonder how it'd like it if I started a gratuitous homosexual-bashing thread on "homosexual pride" day...

Cranberry wants, no, demands, tolerance for himself while giving absolutely none to others. I don't play that game.

By the way, if you do a search you'll find no other case where I've "bashed" Cranberry. In fact, I generally ignore its threads because the signal to noise ratio is just too poor (and that's saying something, on this board!). This is the last you'll see from me on this topic because, frankly, that pathetic excuse for an insatiably attention-hungry human being just isn't worth any more of my time.

John
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

OutOfBreath wrote:This is the last you'll see from me on this topic because, frankly, that pathetic excuse for an insatiably attention-hungry human being just isn't worth any more of my time.
Good. We've seen quite enough already.
/Bloomfield
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I guess what I was doing, John, is trying to show a little bit of humility, some patience, and some forgiveness. I know that Cranberry didn't ask for any of these and I don't agree with his stated relativistic thinking, but none-the-less I was extending my hand. I was actually pretty angry this morning because not only do I have military in my family or past, but am currently IN the military vis. my wife. I have friends RIGHT NOW being shot at in the middle and near east. And you know, many of those friends are even doctors on humanitarian missions. People would be dying right now WITHOUT our military - and my friends - in their country. One friend had to leave the day before his little baby was born. And yet he put service and commitment over his family.

(edit: as an aside, most folks probably don't realize that when that hotel was struck, the room that was destroyed was the room of the U.S. doctor in charge of helping Iraq's hospitals get modernized. Fortunately he was home with his family at the time.)

So when I ask for a little restraint, I'm not saying that you shouldn't say your peace on Veteran's day or disagree with his statement, but what I am saying is that he is a human being worthy of respect whether or not you respect his position. YOU don't need to make him feel worthless simply because he believes that military violence is murder or because he is a homosexual.

Erik
don

Post by don »

Ah, you win.

I was excusing your lack of tolerance by pointing out your inexperience.

But perhaps you are right.