Dale's gone... let's party

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

What this thread needs more of are the Bay City Rollers

/Bloomfield
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Wow, does that drummer look like a caveman with wig on or what?????

:D Aldon
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Gets you right where you live, doesn't it?

:)
/Bloomfield
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Nanohedron wrote:Given the title of your 2nd CD, I believe you. :lol:
Image Stop that! You made me wet myself. Image
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

At your service, Fancypiper. :D
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Drummer looks like Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, in fact.

Speakin' sort of that, Oakland Museum had an animatronic exhibit about ten years ago that showed the various types of pre-Homo Sapiens in their presumed habitat. Funniest thing was a Neanderthal in a blue workshirt with steel lunchpail. He did not look that different than some swarthy types in our current gene pool.
glauber

Post by glauber »

I think we need another thread about our heroes:

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
glauber

Post by glauber »

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Steven

Post by Steven »

CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:
fancypiper wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:Have you ever seen a Scot in full regalia? That little fur "purse" in front is a merkin. :D
I never have heard that, I have heard that called a sporran.

Q. What do you keep in a sporran?
A. Spores.
:lol: Ferrits :lol:
Hmm, I've always just kept my wallet and keys in mine, but I kinda like the ferret idea. D'ye think they'd mind the dancin'?

:-)
Steven
Steven

Post by Steven »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:My aunt related how women down south [sic] [really sic] sometimes give babies wonderful names like Vagina, "'Cause it sounds so purty!"
Recently I heard another newborn name horror story...sounds like a good web search topic. There's always Joseph Heller's Major Major Major Major.
Ahm proud to be a 'merkin!

A friend of mine worked in a hospital where a woman gave birth and gave her baby a name pronounced shi-THEED. I leave it as an exercise for the student to figure out how it was spelled.

:boggle:
Steven
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

LimuHead wrote:Wow, does that drummer look like a caveman with wig on or what?????

:D Aldon
With a lip full o' Copenhagen.
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, drive-thru bank teller was named LaTrina. I just....well....oh, never mind. But never was a capital T so important.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

The Weekenders wrote:Yeah, drive-thru bank teller was named LaTrina. I just....well....oh, never mind. But never was a capital T so important.
Her mother must have had a very difficult labor. :o
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

Steven wrote:
Cyfiawnder wrote:If you like Guiness then you should try a Yuengling Black and Tan. From the USA's oldest Brewery in Pottstown PA. Second oldest on the North American Continent. Right behind Labatt Brewing Company in Canada. Black and Tan is a nice dark Beer with a modest Flavor, not as Heavy as Guiness but still has the charatoristic day after colon clensing. Yuengling has Many Great tasting Beers, a Classic Premium beer, a Nice Amber Lager, Lord Chesterfield Ale (english style recipy), Porter, Half & Half (Black&Tan), and Even a light Lager ( I never tried the light version why ruin a good thing?) I do like my Guiness too. "what no, don't drink it from the bottle! Guiness draught is meant to be taken from a glass!"

http://www.yuengling.com/
Actually, it's made in Pottsville, not Pottstown. Different part of the state entirely. But you're right about Yuengling -- I don't generally even like beer, but their lager is good stuff.

For those confused by the name, it's pronounced YEENG-ling. It's of Pennsylvania German (commonly known as Penn Dutch) origin.

:-)
Steven
Pottstown, Pottsville still named after reefer. Well if it's pronounced how you say... It's should be pronounced Ying-Ling, not You-eng-ling, or Young-Ling, then how comes the website says this in the FAQ Section:

How is Yuengling pronounced?
Yuengling is German meaning 'Young Man'. It is pronounced "Ying-Ling'.

Hmm now if the owners of the Company say their last name is pronounced Ying-Ling I'll most likely believe them.

Justin Panovec (PAN-ah-vik) not (pen-OH-vik or pan-oh-VEK) it's bohemian, I believe it was once spelled Pannovich that would be russian for "son of Pann."

wherever there's a wakadoo ask him his name if it aint Panovec he's probably still related ;)
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

avanutria wrote:If you think that's good you should hear his "American" accent. I'm not sure which I was more astounded by...how awful it was, or that he did it in public!
Oy! I'll have you know that accent was built on years of study of Aymericun films, TV shows and all that.

Apologies to all, I don't find the word merkin in any of the online Aymericun to British dictionaries, so I'm in the dark. That said, having looked at them, they get some other words wrong anyway, so I'd beware using such words until soundly checked out by your friendly neighbourhood Brit. I did put a ' in front, indicating a missing letter. maybe I can run it past Dale if he gets in touch.