What makes YOU! feel stupid?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lixnaw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lixnaw »

-waisting my time on critisizing people, while i've enough work with my own imperfection
-going to a mick o'brien concert and realizing how much i still have to learn , and thinking i can catch up :lol:
french

Post by french »

Redwolf wrote:
Tyghress wrote:I felt pretty dumb this evening when watching my fave Halloween movie, but this time I had on the closed captioning....um....all along it wasn't "Opportunity, Bless my soul"....it was "Hot Patootie. . .Bless my soul".

<slinking away>
Oh, I am SOOO glad I'm not the only one who made that mistake! I never could figure out what "Opportunity" had to do with blessing my soul, or with rock and roll, but then that movie isn't really supposed to make SENSE, is it? (I certainly hope not!).

Redwolf
maybe you two will find consolation here http://www.kissthisguy.com/
cj

Post by cj »

That site is too funny! I was looking at Angel of the Morning, and someone thought it was,

Just call me angel of the morning, baby,
Just suck my feet before you leave me, darling!

:lol:
Hils

Victoria"s

Post by Hils »

When I was a kid and lived in England we used to sing God Save the Queen at every oppotunity. When we got to the part,"Send her victorious" I thought it was Victoria's and wondered why we had to send plums to the Queen. (One of the most popular plum type's in England are Victoria Plums)
A note on confusion....
A nephew came home from Sunday school and told his mother she would be getting her quilt. She was quite confused until he explained the teacher had said,"The comforter cometh."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

What makes me feel stupid? Discussions centered around philosophy, economics, maths, or political science. I have no clue.
serpent

Post by serpent »

... going on chat after having a few too many brews and alienating a load of people, or doing other totally stupid things.
(blush) :oops:
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

[quote="Tyghress"]I felt pretty dumb this evening when watching my fave Halloween movie, but this time I had on the closed captioning....um....all along it wasn't "Opportunity, Bless my soul"....it was "Hot Patootie. . .Bless my soul".

<slinking away>[/quote

I LOVE ROCKY HORROR!!!!!! It's one of those movies that no matter how many times you see it , you'll see/hear something new every time.

"my lifestyle's too extreme"
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

I occasionaly have a few brews but I don't bother with the chat anymore. Ever since someone who shall remain nameless showed up and started acting like she is the ruller of the cosmos and everyone must follow the rules and guidlines that she has set down: IE No dirty jokes, no swearing, no rude behavior, not jests, no making fun of, no asking questions she doesn't know the answer to, no belching, flatulating, sneazing, caughing, hicuping, or scratching of ones armpits, no being beligerent, and espescially no questioning of morals, ethics, politics or religious faiths. If they don't follow her rules or even pretend to have an original thought in their mind unlike her they get booted and or banned. So I have better things to do with my time than to listen to ignorent people argue with answers like "Nuh uh you're wrong but I can't prove you're wrong, you just are because I said so." I notice a lot of the people that used to be in chat when I first joined this message board aren't in their much anymore... and I've noticed a lot of the newer people in the chat follow her wing because they think she holds some sort of sway as to whether or not the sun will rise in the morning. Oh well. I like arguing with cran because cran is an inteligent person... This... female who shall remain nameless couldn't debate her way out of a wet paper bag. I didn't name any names so keep the flaming down to a small bon fire. Or you'll just prove my point :lol:

I have another one. You know what made me feel stupid the other day? I spent about 3 minutes trying to remove the key from the ignition in my fiance's car before I realized it wasn't in park. I don't drive automatic cars much so I'm not used to the shift safety interlock stuff. I just like my manual clutch ingaged transmisions, no goofy things going on there. In gear out of gear, any gear it doesn't matter turn the car to off and the key comes right out. But now I'm just making excuses. :roll:

Cran let me know when you want to have at it again and we'll have a jolly old time. I'm always up for a good friendly argument. Just like going to a sporting event party, It's just not as fun if everybody likes the same team.
"May all your journey's lead you safely to your destination. And may the path you take be wide, and flat with a nice view and devoide of tacks. :P "
-Cy-
Last edited by Cyfiawnder on Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
BrassBlower

Re: What makes YOU! feel stupid?

Post by BrassBlower »

glauber wrote:In the Internet, nobody knows what kind of accent you have!
Dey do if ya tahp in yer own ak-sent! :P
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

Things that make me feel stupid:

Reading a politically or religiously charged thread, knowing that I have my own opinion, but knowing that if I expressed it in type, I'd be shredded in instants by people that I falsely perceive to be more intelligent than me.

The concept of dada.

Mary Bergin.
Tony wrote:Being overly considerate of a pregnant woman with her 3 kids by letting them in front of me at the grocery line, only to be held up when they dispute prices with the cashier and have to put back items like potato chips, ice cream and deli snacks that cannot be paid by food stamps... the feeling comes over me as I walk out of the store and see them loading groceries in a BMW double parked in the fire lane.
Yup, that too.

When I go to the DMV and after waiting in line for two hours, it only takes me three minutes to conduct my business once I reach the window. I MUST be doing something wrong because everybody else shows up with a huge multi-colored stack of papers and takes 20 minutes.

When somebody waves at me and I wave back…only to discover that they were waving at somebody else.

Just a partial list
Eric
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

-Any math beyond algebra. (Geometry, however, makes me feel smart.)

-Howard Levy playing anything. The guy's a musical genius.

:D
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Not paying attention to the clock and ending up going to the Biology building an hour early and not realizing it until a different professor walks into the room.

Getting a history exam back with big fat 55 on it.

Emailing the history professor and not expecting the smartass egotistical reply you get.

Listening and sympathizing to someone whinging about how they hate their lives and themselves so much time after time when they obviously have no plans to improve anything and are just barking for your attention.

Getting caught up in stupid message board flamewars, and then actually bothering to get offended when someone starts throwing personal insults.

Putting off studying for the next history exam right now even though it's on thursday morning and you really need to study.

etc., etc., etc.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Trying to balance my checking account used to make me feel real stupid. I say "used to" because my wife always does it now after she realized how dangerous I was with a calculator in my hand.
Mike
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Vaporlock wrote:The concept of dada.
Me, too, Vapes. But it's the only outlet I have to celebrate feeling stupid.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Nanohedron wrote:What makes me feel stupid? Discussions centered around philosophy, economics, maths, or political science. I have no clue.
I hope you're not leading us into a discussion on baking cookies. :D