Goodbye!!

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Pipeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Pipeman »

I really never thought I would see this happy day!!!!

Goodbye Mr Stephenson and GOOD RIDDENS!!!
lemonsquash

Post by lemonsquash »

While you're at the therapy, might as well get some spelling lessons, too. I really do hope the best for you.
marcpipes

Post by marcpipes »

Pipeman, you're scary.
Happy Halloween :boggle:
danepiper

goodbye

Post by danepiper »

what is a pipeman without pipes?
He is a man without experience.

ole
Kevin Popejoy

Re: goodbye

Post by Kevin Popejoy »

Last edited by Kevin Popejoy on Mon May 10, 2004 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I think it's Piper7 trying to stir things up again. :evil:
Irish Terrier

Post by Irish Terrier »

Goodbye Pipeman = Wind Bag!!!!!

Seamus :lol:
bagpipeworks

My web-site

Post by bagpipeworks »

Dear Pipers

I have just dialed into the forum for my weekly look, only to see yet another blast towards myself, WOW this must be one pissed off fellow.

I have just looked and sure enough my site is down, which I'm looking into right now.

I do have direct FTP access to my web-site, but I have NOT altered it or taken the index page off line myself, I will let you know more when I find out.

I do not know for the life of me who pipeman is, can anyone help me in finding more about him, what he has said is pure speculation on the malice and can be used in a court of law against him, please send me private messages only.

I deeply appologise for his behavior and the trouble he has brought to us all, please help me to find this guy, so the law can have the last say.

Thanks

Davy.
bagpipeworks

Web-site

Post by bagpipeworks »

Hello again

I have just got off the phone with my host servers, their Apache server was down due to a broken link in the London Docklands area recently.

My web-site should be back on line very shortly.

Thanks

Davy.
Last edited by bagpipeworks on Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
joey_schu
antispam: No

Post by joey_schu »

Hey everyone,

I hesitate to be part of this.
The only set of pipes I own were made directly for me by Davy, and while they did take awhile longer than planned to arrive, the instrument itself is near-perfect for me as far as I'm concerned - meaning that the tone and pitch are just what I wanted. I'm more than satisfied with my pipes - they sleep next to me sometimes... Ehm...business aside, I'm convinced he's honest and well-meaning. He is a person too, you know.

I have no orders in que from Davy or plans to order (won't have the cash for ANYTHING else until I finish college) = no business connection. (In fact if I do order in the future, I'll probably stay in NA to keep the Postal Service off my back - I think I had a harder time with that than most) Just my opinion and my only "contribution" to this.

Joey
anima

Post by anima »

I'm with Joey here,

My drones set is just fine. :-)

Davy, check your private messages.
Rick

Post by Rick »

On the subject of tracing pipeman..
The forum operators may be able to see his ip address.
If it's a static one his isp will know who he is.
If you want to file a lawsuit against him and provide the messages he posted on this forum i'm sure his isp will/must cooperate in retrieving his identity.

I'm sure there are people able to trace an ip.
If not, PM me and i will help where i can.

I think pipeman's posts are way out of line so i will be glad to help here.

Rick

For good order:
I am in no way related or affiliated with Davey Stephenson.
I never met the man nor have i ever spoken to him.
From his messages on this forum and from messages of people who own his sets i conclude he is a sincere pipemaker.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

A lawsuit??

Come on, are you guys for real? This guy had beef, and he got upset. The way everyone attacked him here I can see why he kept at it - because everyone else did too!

Here's a thought: Let it BE! Just forget about him, and this thread and play your pipes. This isn't the first time someone had been flamed here and gotten defensive. There are no innocent parties that I can see. Just move on. :roll:
MacEachain

Post by MacEachain »

Brian Lee wrote: This guy had beef, and he got upset.
Hi Brian,
if you don't mind me asking, what exactly was his "beef" other than the fact that he couldn't get in touch with Davy Stephenson with regard to maybe ordering a set. I get the impression from another of your posts that you think Pipeman had actually ordered a set and hadn't received them.
Brian Lee wrote:While I may not agree with Pipeman's recent tactics per se, I can fully understand his wrath at loosing this much money if this is truly the case. I'd be pissed too as would any of us were we in that situation.
His first question makes it clear that he has had no dealing with Davy Stephenson, financial or otherwise.
Pipeman wrote:Hi,

I have been reading this board for a few months, before deciding to register today.

I am wishing to contact some UK pipe makers to ask about prices, waiting lists etc before purchasing a set of pipes.

I have been interested in Davy Stephensons website, however I am having problems contacting him. Although his website seems to be updated regularly I have been unable to contact him by either telephone or email.

Does anyone know if he still is in business? Everytime I call and get an answer, I am told that he is not available, and he will get back to me, but he never returns my telephone calls!

How do I go about contacting him?

Can any of his Customers who us this site, give me a review as to how his pipes play, and if he is still in business?? I would appreciate candid opinions by means of Private Messages if possible.

Thanks,

Mark Fergusson

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=15074&start=0

In view of that, his remarks regarding Davy Stephenson were, IMO, unjustified.

No Offence Intended, Mac
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

I agree with Mac. Just because someone does not call you back is no reason to make the comments that have been made.

If someone does not call me back, my thought is that perhaps they are too busy, not interested in my business, or otherwise occupied. In that case, after a reasonable amount of time and certainly after three unsuccessful attempts, I'll simply take my business elsewhere. No animosity and no reason to get upset...there are plenty of other makers who are taking orders and will call you back.

No offense intended...just my $.02.

-gary

Edited to add this.
P.S. Davy, sorry you've had problems and I wish you the best, and hope for a speedy recovery.
There is no try, only do or not do. - Yoda