No whistle-playing for my Dan (warning: graphic)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Thomas-Hastay
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

Jessie

Tell Dan he can't get out of it that easy! A Family friend lost half a finger to a metal milling machine and they took his second biggest toe as a graft/replacement. Works like a charm and you can't even tell the difference. If the tip dies, will it be like the horror movie "The Hand" and chase you around the house? Mini "thing"!(ergo mini me?)

Kidding aside, I hope Dan's finger "takes". It will be some time before all the nerve tissue repairs itself though. Tell him to drink LOTS of whiskey to repair the damage and keep us posted.

Thomas Hastay.
"The difference between Genius and stupidity, is that Genius has its limits" (Albert Einstein)
thomashastay@yahoo.com
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Like everyone else, give my best OW to Dan! COL! (Cringing out loud)

Erik
cj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cj »

Poor Dan! Hope his healing is quick.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Owwww!!!! :o Hang in there, Dan. I hope everything is OK.

Best,
Paul
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Oh dear lord. . .happy honeymoon, eh? Best wishes on a speedy recovery, Jess. . .oh, gross. . .
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Kudos to you, Jessie, for having the presence of mind and the guts to grab the severed piece. I've seen lots of accidents in my 20 years in the printing business, and people often lose it when something happens to a co-worker, let alone a spouse.

I'll say a prayer for Dan's recovery.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thank you very much, everyone. Dan and I just read through the responses and we are very touched; he is especially touched because so many people he doesn't know are wishing him well. He's not actually a flute player, but he has some good instincts on the whistle and he is a great piano player. He just took his narcotic (I think that's what it is...it's the one Carter was addicted to on ER) with dinner, but he was really brave all day and didn't take one before that (since last night). I have done huge amounts of dishes (the incident took place at the tail end of a party at our house, so there was a lot of cleanup that he couldn't help with), I washed the floor, I helped him shower, I picked up his prescriptions and gave him his pills...I even cut up his dinner for him. I would never have wished this to happen (obviously), but I am glad I have an opportunity to demonstrate my love. Tomorrow we'll go see the hand doctor and find out what's next.
~JessieD
glauber

Post by glauber »

Some guys will do anything to get out of a cleanup job.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Jack

Post by Jack »

glauber!! :boggle:
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

glauber wrote:Some guys will do anything to get out of a cleanup job.
:lol:

I'm sure he doesn't mind being doted on either! :party:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Ron Steed

Post by Ron Steed »

Ouch! Good luck! BTW, there's always the piper style!
serpent

Post by serpent »

O. M. G. Turn my back for a few minutes, and somebody gets hurt. Jessie, Dan, my heart goes out to you. Dan, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery, and since you already know it by now, anyhow, I want to say that you are an immensely lucky man to have Jessie by your side. Tenacious, brave, and loving, and you could not hope for a better partner.

There are a jillion musical instruments out there for you to play, but only one woman like the one you've chosen. Pain and all, friend, you are a blessed man, indeed.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,
Bill Whedon
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Tell Dan to hang in there, Jess.
My wife lost a good part of the tip of her left ring finger years ago, but it hasn't stopped her from being a terrific recorder player, and a pretty fair whistler too. Hell on the cello though-- the loss of fat pad makes pressing those heavy strings down unbearable.
Actually, in our case, it was a roundabout blessing. I met her by selling her a bass recorder on eBay. With the loss of that fingertip, she wasn't sure she could reach to finger the appropriate hole which led to her communicating with me about that problem. One thing led to another...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

well, all else failing, there's always tabor pipes!
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Low D... pipers grip doesn't use the fingertips!