Huge Sale of Whistles!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Jessie, much success with your whistle sale. Since you're selling off more high-end whistles than most could entertain owning, could you post a few pictures for reference?
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

Wow, this is more whistles than i'll ever see, and that's just the ones you don't like! :)

Good luck with the sale. First i thought it was sad to break such a collection, it should go to a museum of whistles (or of obsession!), but in fact, it's much better if people can be playing them.

You could sell one per week on eBay and keep yourself entertained for years! :D

Is this considered a large collection in these places? I mean, i have a Water Weasel, a Burke, a Village Smithy and a couple of Hoovers, do this looks like Imelda's shoe collection to me, but for all i know, most people here have even more.
:boggle:
It's like looking at one of those displays of gallaxy superclusters, and a little red arrow pointing to Earth, that says "you're here". Mind boggling.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

High D... high C... high... high... hmm--one mezzo? naaah... high... high...
Close call, but I'm safe. 8)

Well, as long of course as the 2nd batch isn't all low whistles.

Someone will have to figger out a Keynesian way out of this Great high whistles Bubble blast. Such a glutted market should bring Generation and Walton/Soodlum resolve to silver-plating their whistles (same price, of course) as their only way out... ;)
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ Azalin
Cranberry, you don't have anything meaningful to say, do you?
So?
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Here I thought of the "Whistles of October" sale (to contrast Serpents "Whistles of Mass Destruction"), but it looks like the whistle market has been nuked. So far the undisputed one has been unavailable for comment while he celebrates his 1000th posting. :lol:
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

Whew! Looks like your child's college tuition is paid for, Jessie! If only I were rich I would help contribute to it.
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
serpent

Post by serpent »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:Here I thought of the "Whistles of October" sale (to contrast Serpents "Whistles of Mass Destruction"), but it looks like the whistle market has been nuked. So far the undisputed one has been unavailable for comment while he celebrates his 1000th posting. :lol:
Oh, shut up, Daniel. I'm sitting here wondering how I'm going to pay off my new Hurco CNC mill now....
(grumble...) :D
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

~JessieD
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

By any chance, do you own a McGee flute?
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Re: Huge Sale of Whistles!

Post by avanutria »

JessieK wrote: Michael Copeland:

--High d solid 14k gold … $1800 -SOLD
I'm dying to know who got this one. Will the buyer please make himself or herself known? And either the buyer or Jessie give a sound clip? :)
whistlebinkie

Post by whistlebinkie »

Holy Wow!
That's quite a collection!

Thank you Jessie, for sharing this photo...
Now when my wife thinks I have too many whistles I can just show her this picture. :wink:
Scott
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Cranberry wrote:Quote @ Azalin
Cranberry, you don't have anything meaningful to say, do you?
So?
Well, I was just asking because I thought the amount of post pollution coming from you was getting dangerously high, and seeing many of your senseless posts in so many different threads is slowly getting on my nerve, but that's just my opinion and you have the right to do whatever you want, I'm just surprised that some of your posts/threads havent been moderated so far.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ Azalin
Well, I was just asking because I thought the amount of post pollution coming from you was getting dangerously high, and seeing many of your senseless posts in so many different threads is slowly getting on my nerve, but that's just my opinion and you have the right to do whatever you want, I'm just surprised that some of your posts/threads havent been moderated so far.
I haven't been vulgar or out of bounds at all, just prolific. I do understand what you're saying, though. That kind of thing (posts everywhere) inadvertantly happens when you've been awake forever and have basically not moved from the computer in 23 hours. Gotta stop that.

<-.........coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee.........->
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

*Sniff*, Jessie, it's the end of an era...

Luckily (for me), like Zubivka I am safe so far, but I await the next installment of the sale with bated breath - I can't wait to see what low whistles and flutes you are putting up for sale...

:)
Jens
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Good God. Did you buy all of these within a week of becoming pregnant, by any chance? I was a good little fetus and simply made my mother eat as much pickled cauliflower as possible...
By my calculations you've listed $6770 in WHISTLES! Ack, is this a personal record for this board? Maybe y'all could get a poll going, in $500 increments.
But then I've spent about $350 on the things myself, not counting the one I made out of an elder branch.
And I've spent $20000 on uilleann pipes...
Lucky thing I inherited all that Mobile oil stock!