I wanted to post something on topic...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I wanted to post something on topic...

Post by Jack »

but I have absolutely nothing to say. :cry:

whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle

whistle :)
Dale
The Landlord

Re: I wanted to post something on topic...

Post by Dale »

Cranberry wrote:but I have absolutely nothing to say. :cry:

whistle whistle....
Right.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

That's the hardest part of music:
Having something to say when you play--
If you have a hundred whistles,
And you play them every day,
That's not enough to make real music
Till you know what you want to say.

--James
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hey Cran, do you have the ABC for the above? :D

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

Hey Cran...you are really wierd :)
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

I wanted to post a humorous reply to this thread...but I couldn't really think of anything good.
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
morgan

Post by morgan »

Thelonious Monk said that writing about music is like dancing about architecture.

I don't know what that means, but I love it.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

morgan wrote:Thelonious Monk said that writing about music is like dancing about architecture.

Yeah, what means "thelonious"? I know of a screamin' Jay Hawkins who'd put a spell on yours, monks, but...
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

morgan wrote:Thelonious Monk said that writing about music is like dancing about architecture.

During my masters training (in Architecture) we had a seminar about architecture and dance. Seriously. I danced about architecture. I'm not proud of it though. I look back on it as a low point in my life.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Shame on you.
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I know, I know. :oops:

Pour salt on my wounds why don't'cha. :cry:
Last edited by ErikT on Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

ErikT wrote:During my masters training (in Architecture) we had a seminar about architecture and dance. Seriously. I danced about architecture. I'm not proud of it though. I look back on it as a low point in my life.
Next time ask yourself, WWJCT?*

_______
* What would John Calvin think?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

That's the trouble with architecture—it might start out harmlessly enough but sooner or later it inevitably leads to dancing.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Wombat wrote:That's the trouble with architecture—it might start out harmlessly enough but sooner or later it inevitably leads to dancing.
This reminds me of an OT joke which I love...
And elderly Orthodox Jewish man comes to his Rabbi and says "Rabbi, as you know, my wife and I are going to have a party to celebrate our 60 the wedding anniversary. As you also know, it is forbidden by our tradition for men and women to dance together ( nb: this is true in some Orthodox traditions). On just this one occasion, could I not have the joy of dancing with my wife?".
The Rabbi responds "No, the Law is the Law, and it is forbidden".
The man follows with" Rabbi, our tradition does not limit sexual relations between man and wife, and in fact considers this to be a mitzvah ( commandment), right?" to which the Rabbi responds " Yes, this is true".
"So, if I were to come home in the middle of the day and see my wife making the bed, if I were overcome with love for her I would be within my rights to pull her down on the bed and make love to her right then and there?". The Rabbi says " Of course!". " And if I were to see my wife dusting in the living room, would it be OK to lower her to the floor and have relations right there?" Again the Rabbi responds "Yes, it would be wonderful". The man keeps at it: " And if I were to come home and see my lovely bride of 60 years working in the kitchen cooking my dinner and become overcome with love, would it be allright to make love to her standing right there in the kitchen?". The Rabbi says " Absolutely not! Standing up, it might lead to dancing!"
(thanks for reading this far!)
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

brewerpaul wrote:
This reminds me of an OT joke which I love...
And elderly Orthodox Jewish man .....
Paul, I'm pretty sure I got my joke from the same source. What I'm not sure of is whether I heard it from the Jewish branch of my family or (with suitable changes) from the Presbyterian.