OT: please sign this petition (if you're so inclined)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: please sign this petition (if you're so inclined)

Post by Jack »

It's very important to me.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mrphelps/petition.html

Thank you.
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

Don't trouble yourself with scum like "Reverend" Fred Phelps, Cranberry... he isn't even worthy of notice.
People like him thrive on publicity and on making other people miserable... just ignore him, and don't let him have the satisfaction of knowing he has bothered you.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

What a horribe person this "reverend" is. I hope his fate is as cruel as
the poor boy's was. I doubt that he will get his statue!
mujo

re:

Post by mujo »

Thats for real? It just seems so over the top it seems like something out of the National Inquirer. Theres no need for a petition though, a monument that souless will never be taken seriously.
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: re:

Post by raindog1970 »

mujo wrote:Thats for real?
Unfortunately, Phelps and his followers are indeed for real.
http://www.godhatesfags.com
I'd hate to know that my main source of self esteem came from the fact that I'm not gay, or that I'm not black, or that I'm not Jewish... who in their right mind even cares about such trivial issues?
There is good and bad in everyone, and we're all stuck here on this planet together... it's best that we all learn to get along with each other, and be tolerant of our differences.
Hate eats away at your sanity like nothing else can...
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Why, isn't such "monument" prosecutable by your laws, just like KKK? :-?
Jack

Post by Jack »

They even stood outside Matt's funeral with the "GOD HATES FAGS" signs, screaming at the people as they went in to the funeral. I was still a kid when that happened but the image burned into my mind forever.

It wasn't far from here that J.R. Warren was killed for being gay. There are a number of White Supremecy/Church of the Creator/KKK type groups who have their headquarters in this state, and to be perfectly honest they scare me.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Here's something that's always food for thought (and apprehension) for me. In my opinion the good "reverend" could also benefit from a review of it.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7 1,2 KJV

Steve
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hang in there, Cranberry. You're not alone, and justice will prevail.

Best wishes,
Jerry
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I assure you that if it is actually put up, someone will tear it down. Garbage like that needs to be torn down.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ Jerry Freeman
Hang in there, Cranberry. You're not alone, and justice will prevail.
I'm still alive. It just really distresses me to see people killed "in the name of God", to see people picket funerals, etc., and I can, needless to say, relate very directly to all this.

One time a couple years ago when I was working as a telemarketer I found out a few people were talking about shooting me because I'm gay. But they were talking about it to one of my friends who worked there, they didn't know he knew me (and told me). I told my bosses and they were all, "Oh, well we can have the cops here in a few minutes if we need them, or you can leave a few minutes early every night so they don't hurt you". They didn't really think that was a big deal. I had to walk down 4 flights of stairs to get home and it was only dimly lit and I was TERRIFIED every night. I hate that feeling. I always took a metal ink pen to defend myself with, but never had to use it (thank God). I'm convinced, though, that if I was in a situation alone with them they'd had hurt me somehow. I believe sentiment like this is much more widespread than many people know and not every case gets the publicity this one did.
Paul

Post by Paul »

:x

This is an example of someone using their position of authority and twisting the word of god to suit their own selfish desires to gain power over people. This "phelps" character (yeah I didn't capitalize his name :moreevil: ) is trying to use the age-old ploy of devide and conquer. He is actually using that young man's murder to catapult himself into public view. Even if this monument-thing isn't built he has gained notariety. He may seem like a fringe wacko, but just look at what hitler did. He was a frustrated second-rate artist who joined the army and found that he enjoyed waging war. Then he brought the whole world to war. This phelps scumbag is not likely to bring the world to war but he has a dangerous agenda. Feck him! :evil: :evil: :evil:

/end of rant
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

:( Cran, I'm so sorry that you have been on the receiving end of such horrible behavior and horrid sentiments. It saddens me greatly to think of people having to live in that kind of fear. {{{Hugs}}}

~Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
glauber

Re: OT: please sign this petition (if you're so inclined)

Post by glauber »

Cranberry wrote:It's very important to me.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mrphelps/petition.html
Thank you.
Oh wow, hell and damnation! I'm ashamed of being nominally of the same religion as this guy. Or of being the same species as this guy, really. F*ck him! And i mean this the nicest possible way. :evil:

Signed. I'm number 15520!
Last edited by glauber on Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

I'd love to see, Mr Phelps and his monument successfully prosecuted under the obscenity or public indecency statutes. Perhaps Mr Phelps' conviction for aiding and abetting felony murder after the fact would better serve the community.