Blackthorn Stick Lyrics??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
boomerang
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Blackthorn Stick Lyrics??

Post by boomerang »

So many wonderful Irish tunes and so few lyrics to go with them, but not for the lack of trying, i find that sometimes a songs lyrics can help in the interpretation of a tune.
Blackthorn stick has long been a favourite of mine, but does anyone know if lyrics exist? or is it purely instrumental?
I have tryed the web with little success, can anyone help?
Regards
David
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

as far as i can tell, it's an instrumental
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
boomerang

Post by boomerang »

The sometimes frustrating issues associated in playing folk music, is that sometimes the tunes are played a 1000mph, while the same tune is often played at other times at a more reasonable pace, i guess that all depends on the situation its played for, and thats ok, but its always nice to look at a tune its lyrics then try to sing the tune, easy if the tune is readily available on a cd, but always a handy thing to do otherwise, just to assess what really works best..
I shall persevere
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!