ATTENTION: Vape Limu MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

ATTENTION: Vape Limu MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Post by The Weekenders »

Vape Locked the chat session and left it.

Limu, check your PMs for an invite.
Last edited by The Weekenders on Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

I did that on purpose to make a political statement. I can't remember what it was, but I'm from California so I'm sure I had some sort of political ax to grind.

Actually, I'm running Netscape Navigator 2.0 on a Commodore 64 running an earlier version of BeOS. Usually the 64k of memory is plenty, but sometimes it causes the browser to do funny things.

Sorry,
Eric
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Hey everybody! Vaporlock is using some kinda transistorized toaster to access the Internet! Man, I thot I was cheap with the upgrades! A Commodore 64???????????? Is that like a Vic 20? :lol:
I am trying to imagine what Netscape 2 looks like with most webpages. Does it support....frames?
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

Blame it on the Crystal P*********************///////////////////<script error>
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote:A Commodore 64???????????? Is that like a Vic 20? :lol:
Get with the times man! The Commodore 64 is so much more than the VIC 20. It's like comparing an Apple II to an Apple IIe!
Reasonable person
Walden
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

You said it Walden!!

Week, I took my high school computer science final exam on a Vic20. When I got to school I realized that I had left my data tape at home. The only tape that I had handy was the AC/DC tape in my car's cassette player. So I grabbed it and used it to store my final exam on and turned it in for my grade. I got an A+ on my CS final (I got the A for my programming and the + for turning my CS teacher onto 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap')

I'm saving up my money for a Commodore 128 (the best darned computer in the whole wide world, thank you very much!)

'scuse me now, I have to reboot,
Eric
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I so much wanted a 128. I couldn't afford it, though. Instead I was the only person in the world to own a Commodor Plus4 with tape drive.

My computer science teacher was old school... our final exams were done on a punchcard reader. Most of the year,though, was spent on a Trash 80.

I think I'm getting misty eyed with nostalgia.
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

For me and my kids it was Apple 2E

We had the very first Mouse Paint.

And I learned a little about programming. Very little.

Oh, yes, we got the devise for hooking it up to our color TV and played Frogger , Pong and the one where the smiley face gobbled up stuff.

Mack
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Got the PM. Thanks for the invite! :)
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

vaporlock wrote:You said it Walden!!

Week, I took my high school computer science final exam on a Vic20. When I got to school I realized that I had left my data tape at home. The only tape that I had handy was the AC/DC tape in my car's cassette player. So I grabbed it and used it to store my final exam on and turned it in for my grade.
Bummer on the AC/DC tape. If you want, I'll replace it for you. In fact, I think I may have it around here on 8-track.

My first computer was a Radio Shack Color Computer. I think it had 8k of RAM. I opened up and added chips to bring it up to 32k. For about 2 weeks, I was the hottest jock on the block.

Check out http://www.old-computers.com/museum/default.asp

YEAH BABY!

Dale
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I skipped all of those and my first home computer was a Heathkit H89. It was great at everything but graphics. They really missed the boat when it came to graphics. I remember playing the old startrek game on a large mini computer with a 10 cps teletype input/output. I decided to move the group into a more modern way of doing things and bought a fortran compiler for it. It was on paper punch tape and took 4 hours to load. To compile a program and link files took another 4 hours unless after a couple of hours you got a compile time error. Eventually I bought a cartridge tape drive and built an interface card and wrote a core image write program. I loaded the paper tape into memory and wrote the image to tape. Then I wrote a program to write the tape image to memory. It was fun in those days.

Ron
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

I learned to program on a Pet 2001 with the little chicket style keys, 40 column built-in display and 8K of memory.

My first computer that I owned was a Commodore 64 and I wrote lots of 6502 machine language that I used to publish in Compute, Commodore and Transactor magazines.

I still like the old 6502 and have thought about making some special application boards with it.

Check this out 6502 fans: http://www.6502.org