SF/Bay Area wh. meet: Pics & mp3 link on pg. 11

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Kar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kar »

This is my RSVP. I'll email Tony my blood sample and Social Security number so I can gain entrance.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

At the request of Mr. Higgins, I will be bouncing at the door. Please remember to have ready your invatations, SS#'s, urine samples, blood samples, affy davits, and please remember to remove your shoes to speed up the security process. All large cases will be inspected for accordions, and accordion players.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Jack
No I'm not returning...
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

The highlight of the day will be seeing Murph play his flute without taking off his mask (which he keeps on as a favor to us). Rumor has it he's really Elvis. He sure talks like him.
Tony
You know, I just realized there's a full-sized accordian in a closet at my mom's house. We'll get it out and all have a go on it. Yeah, baby. Lawrence Welk forever!
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

"Why are you wearing a mask? were you burned by acid or something?"
"No, Its just they are terribly comfortable, I think everyone will be wearing them in the future"

By the way Tony, I tried the Dirk Gently Zen method once to find one of my classrooms. It worked :D
DCrom
antispam: No

Post by DCrom »

Switchfoot wrote:"Why are you wearing a mask? were you burned by acid or something?"
"No, Its just they are terribly comfortable, I think everyone will be wearing them in the future"
Does this mean Murph will start by playing the flute lefthanded? And playing tinwhistle right-hand-on-top like Mary Bergin?

Cool! :D
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

Does this mean Murph will start by playing the flute lefthanded? And playing tinwhistle right-hand-on-top like Mary Bergin?
Only when he feels we are too nice for him to give us a sporting chance against his monumental woodwind skills.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

MurphyStout wrote:At the request of Mr. Higgins, I will be bouncing at the door.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Jack
So, what will you be bouncing on? A trampoline per chance? A pogo stick? How about one of the big ball things with the little horsey head on the front to keep you from falling off? :-?

Oh, the suspense is killing me! :D
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Ooh, Ooh! I get the first dibs on playing the accordian!

Actually, I have a great picture of my dad playing one for the first time, at Thanksgiving, four months before his death. This man, who was a Lieutenant on the police force, with a commanding voice and a stern face from a broken nose, reduced down to the face of a happy kid in a candy store, all because he was playing an accordian. We should have bought one for him years ago.

I sure wish that I had one.

How much are you selling it for, Tony?

JP
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

How much are you selling it for, Tony?
John, Let me check on that. I don't have any idea what it's worth. It belonged to my dad who bought it so it would be around in case any of the kids got into music. What was he thinking? It's kind of weird. He grew up in Dublin, but never liked Irish music. I think his only exposure to it was loud ceilidh bands with brass and all. I think his dad may have had one around the house that he messed with. I'm sure my mom would be glad to get the closet space back.

So, like, John, how do you explain to your wife that you're getting another instrument? I know you have a guitar, an electric piano, a fiddle, and I've seen your not inconsiderable whistle collection. I made an impulsive buy of Kevin Murray's Rose recently. My wife saw me messing with paypal and asked the inevitable. I couldn't lie, could I? She says, "You're just like those people on the message board, collecting whistles." "Yeah, I guess," I reply in a wimpy tone. She says, "You have all the keys, right? So, now you're going for different tones?" "Yeah." (Can't make eye contact at this point.) She persists, "So now you want all the tones in all the keys?" In desperation, I take a cheap shot at the board (sorry, people, you were an available target). "At least, I play the things." (Which set me up for a different tirade, but she relented.) It's too bad for me I'm too nice to get on her case about things. (I'll save that for when I really need it, like if Chris Abell ever comes out with a low D.) :twisted:
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Tony,

After my recent purchase of a new violin bow, she's numb. She might even welcome the sound of an accordian, over my constant fiddling in the kitchen. At least I make dinner.

Today, I told her of a guy whose wife has a $5,000 bow. I tell her that that is a little high, but boy, would I like to try it out. I don't dare!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the 8th. My wife will be singing at a wedding, that day. She wanted to come to this session. Maybe I can bring her a little momento from it. I hope your accordian is in fair shape. I see it as an investment in the future. When my kids are teenagers, I can play it whenever their friends come over! (Their friends would probably enjoy it).

See you,
John
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

MurphyStout wrote:At the request of Mr. Higgins, I will be bouncing at the door.
Sorry to dissapoint you folks, I've been recalled as bouncer. You will now be groped by any republican who wants the job. :roll:
No I'm not returning...
BoneQuint

Where?

Post by BoneQuint »

[Got the directions now]
Last edited by BoneQuint on Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

MurphyStout wrote:
Sorry to dissapoint you folks, I've been recalled as bouncer. You will now be groped by any republican who wants the job. :roll:
Groped by a publican?

For shame, MurphyStout, for shame - we all know you're too young to be frequenting low dives. :moreevil:

And if you're not feeling bouncy enough we'll have Tony play you some hornpipes on the accordian. :D :D :D (ducks and runs)
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

As of Oct 8, 625pm pst, I haven't received any requests for directions, so Weekender is the only person besides myself (and Murph if he was paying attention) who knows where my mom lives. Email me. Use the subject line so I don't assume you're spamming me and delete your sad attempt at communication.
Tony
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Yeah I was, at least to the point where I know it's one of like three houses. I'll just listen for loud, high pitched noises... hehe
No I'm not returning...