Weston, MO - Irishfest at O'Malley's Pub!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Leel
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Weston, MO - Irishfest at O'Malley's Pub!!!

Post by Leel »

Hey all:

The 4th annual Weston Irishfest is this weekend!!! :party: :party: :party:

Connie Dover, the Elders, Brigid's Cross, Jiggernaut and much, much more!!

Trust me, this is worth it if you're in the KC area.

Check it out at:

http://www.westonirish.com/

You might also want to search for 'Weston' or 'O'Malley's' on the board here. There have been several posts, some with cool pictures.

I'm taking my whistle, so follow the horrible screaching sound and introduce yourself. :P

Hope to see y'all there!!! :thumbsup:

LEE
serpent
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

You guys make me cry!!!

Post by serpent »

I'm doing Renaissance Festival this weekend. ALL frellin' weekend! AND, since I carry a bunch of teenage girls around with me, I don't get done delivering them to home & hearth until after 10PM.

Couldn't you have waited JUST ONE WEEK??? :boggle:

SHEESH!!!! :(

serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
McHaffie

Post by McHaffie »

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could go!!!!!!!! If there's any way possible, I'll make it, but I doubt it :sniffle:
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

I wish I could be there. Here's a picture of the lowest level of O'Malley's. I'm in the picture with light shorts and a sort of purple T-shirt. It was taken at the first Zoukfest.

Steve
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

Hey Serpent -

I can relate! I'll probably do the I-fest on Sat. and the Renfest Sunday 9(or, vicy-versy).

It's interesting that you ask why we couldn't wait....

We only last year convinced Sean (O'Malley) to re-schedule the I-fest, because every other previous year he had it the same weekend as Winfield!

I've always had to choose one or the other.

SHEESH is right :roll:

p.s. - I can also relate to the 'carting teens around' -
I have three (all girls) :really:
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I'll be dropping by, most likely on Saturday, but I have out of town guests in so I'll most likely not be armed with flute or whistle since I want to play the good host. I'm a Tom Dahill junkie, have been since 88, and we're definitely going to hear him play. Anything else will be a bonus for me, though, since my 5 year old and my 13 year old god daughter will be there and might not want to listen to 6 hours of Irish music in a row.

Does anyone know if you get your hand stamped or something so you can leave the festival area and come back in? That would be cool.

Eric
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

I've rearranged my schedule so it looks like I can be there on Saturday. Any idea of how some of us could find each other to meet in person. I'll be carrying either a pack or a leather computer case with some of my whistles and a flute in it. I plan to get there before 11 AM on Saturday.

jim d
Leel

Post by Leel »

Hey Jim (and anyone else who might be in Weston Saturday) - I'm going to take my whistle and when it can be tootled without distracting the 'real' musicians will just... whistle (I do pretty well with Donneybrook Fair, Lord Inchin, Kesh Jig, The Home Ruler, Inisheeer, The Fairie Child) so just listen for me. I'll do the same if you are inclined to play. 8) 8) 8)

Another more circuitous route:

Ask where is Sean (as in O'Malley, our host) I'm sure he'll be flowin' the Guiness at one booth or another, and ask him to point out LEE, (the one he knows who lives in Weston) He'll say: "You see that drunk over there with the whistle - that's him". :P

I think also every now and again I'll just walk through the crowd with my Gen D nickle (very shiney) held up in the air.

I hope some of us can latch up, but if not: ENJOY!!! :party:
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

You mean to tell me we get to listen to good music AND have liquid sustenace that has alcohol in it?

Will wonders ever cease!

I'll look for you Lee.

take care

jim d