President Bush: Poet

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

President Bush: Poet

Post by Dale »

In case you missed it, this is a poem recently written by Pres. Bush to his wife. I'm not kidding.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Oh my, lump in the bed
How I've missed you.
Roses are redder
Bluer am I
Seeing you kissed by that charming French guy.
The dogs and the cat, they missed you too
Barney's still mad you dropped him, he ate your shoe
The distance, my dear, has been such a barrier
Next time you want an adventure, just land on a carrier.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Can I see some kind of proof of this? I mean, we all know Georgey Porgey is rather dopey, but <i>come on</i>...

:lol:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/ ... index.html

Let is also be said, as this thread begins, that I said absolutely nothing critical of the President or his poem in the first post!

Dale
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I don't know if I should be more worried that he wrote something like that or that he actually allowed it to be publicly printed. :really:

Welp, it's official. We're doomed.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Bagfed

Post by Bagfed »

He didn't allow it to be published..his wife included it in a speech! I hope none of the goofey things I've said to my wife get put out for national attention. (It's bad enough she tells her mother who blabs everything she hears to everyone she knows)

I know that Dale, being a poet, might have had his feathers ruffled a little bit by that horrible work but give the guy a break, if he had the time to come up with some stunning prose, wouldn't that worry you more?
Life is good. Hard, but good.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hi, Bagfed.

Long time no see!

My attitude towards Bush's presidency notwithstanding, I like the poem. It's sweet.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

No, in all candor--I think it's a perfectly cute poem and I'm not piling on the guy. I think it might have been a bad idea to release the poem because of the line about the carrier landing.

On another topic: As you might guess, I dislike Rush Limbaugh's politics although I have every reason to believe he is very nice person. In spite of my opposition to his politics and his approach to forwarding them, I absolutely detect a B.S. Pile-On in the recent coverage of his situation. His black-quarterback remark, while probably unwise in that forum, is probably not a racist remark and I tend to agree with him that it is more in keeping with his old "liberal media" chestnut. The drug thing---I don't know. There are a couple of possibilities: It's total B.S., it's distorted, or it's true. If it's true, it would be nice if we could extend to him the same kind of understanding than we would other people who get themselves in trouble with precription meds.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
I like the poem. It's sweet.
I agree.
Turas mor

Post by Turas mor »

Maybe I'm thick, or over analysing, but... is G.W. referring to his wife as a "lump in the bed", or is he simply complaining about his accomodations in D.C. public housing?
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

There is probably a good reason why we never saw any poetry from Clinton.
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Might be better if we NEVER saw poetry from ANY president!

Speaking of Clinton & poetry, there's a hilarious book called "Poetry Under Oath," in which the author renders excerpts from the actual transcripts of Clinton & Monica's testimonies into free verse. Very, very funny stuff.

Dale
Caj

Post by Caj »

Bagfed wrote:He didn't allow it to be published..his wife included it in a speech!
Yeah, the White House isn't happy, and already they decided to retaliate by exposing her husband as the son of an ex-CIA KIDDING KIDDING KIDDING AAAAAIEEEEE!!!!!

Caj
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

Barney is an agent of the CIA. He has been under cover for years. He gets instructions in his kibbles and bits.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Georgeous is not just a poet, this so-called simple poetry is actually a more sophisticated communication intended to convey another message beyond the public's perception, or the regular media's ability to decipher.

"Roses are red, violets are blue"

Sure they are, but if your mind is anagramic, here's what he was really trying to say about the French guy, for example...

"Arse-lovers lie, so dear, be true!"

About the "lump" in the bed...that could also read to mean the pres's own lump I suppose. :D
glauber

Post by glauber »

I'm getting rid of my post, because it was mean and uncalled for. Chances are the guy didn't even write that corny poem. This is just the spin masters tweaking the guy's image: a little bit of bloody warrior, a little bit of corny husband. Moreover, capitalizing on the guy's likability, because in this country of contradictions, the polls say that most people think he's doing a bad job, but they still "like him as a person". So boost the corny husband aspect a little, capitalize on the image, just that.

From now on i'll try hard to refrain from getting all hot and angry at this constructed George W. Bush persona. He's queer, he's here, deal with it! :) If the handlers do a good job, he'll be around for another 4.5 years. If they do a bad job, somebody else will be getting the hate mail.

Meanwhile, i'm trying to learn to play music, while i can.
Last edited by glauber on Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--