OT: My fellow Kahl-lee-for-nee-uns...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
herbivore12
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by herbivore12 »

I think what happened was:

Redwolf posted a message in which she replied to Nano, and used the quote function.

Then DCrom responded to Redwolf's post, but when quoting Redwolf accidentally left Nano's tag in there as he composed his own post, so that it looked like Nano was saying what, in fact, Redwolf had said.

Redwolf then quoted DCrom's post, also leaving Nano's erroneously tagged quote in there, and it just got all screwy from there.

Human error, not a board glitch. Careful with attribution, folks! Otherwise someone might someday edit a post so that it looks like Weekenders has said something that Bloomfield actually said, and everybody logged in will faint right there in their chairs.
Jeferson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

I think what happened was:

Redwolf posted a message in which she replied to Nano, and used the quote function.

Then DCrom responded to Redwolf's post, but when quoting Redwolf accidentally left Nano's tag in there as he composed his own post, so that it looked like Nano was saying what, in fact, Redwolf had said.

Redwolf then quoted DCrom's post, also leaving Nano's erroneously tagged quote in there, and it just got all screwy from there.

Human error, not a board glitch. Careful with attribution, folks! Otherwise someone might someday edit a post so that it looks like Weekenders has said something that Bloomfield actually said, and everybody logged in will faint right there in their chairs.

Definitely! ;)

Jef
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Mea culpa.

The edit window for posting uses such a $#@!$ small default font I didn't spot the error until after the rest of you had already seen it.

Original post edited for clarity.

Dana
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

You know, Jef, I think you are mis-applying the term "_______" right there.

From the obnoxious armchair,

der Weekenders
Jack

Post by Jack »

If I was a Californicator I'd vote for Peter Camejo or Arianna Huffington. I've always loved her, and I think that anybody who isn't afraid to change their mind is who I'd want in a leadership position.

I liked McClintock, too, weirdly enough.

Arnold and Cruz, I thought, were both idiots like they always are, and it's a shame that one of them will win.
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

In Reno, we get the Fox 10 p.m. News and the highlights were pretty
funny. Good luck to all you guys and lets hope you end up with
a "decent" Governor who will help the state. We would love to live in
the far northern part of Ca. along the Klamath River, but there are just too
many political problems.
Lolly
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Cranberry wrote:If I was a Californicator I'd vote for Peter Camejo or Arianna Huffington. I've always loved her, and I think that anybody who isn't afraid to change their mind is who I'd want in a leadership position.

I liked McClintock, too, weirdly enough.

Arnold and Cruz, I thought, were both idiots like they always are, and it's a shame that one of them will win.
Huffington is a total flake, judging by her performance last night. All she's interested in is bashing the other candidates and complaining about the Bush administration (while whining that no one is nice to her because she's a woman). I don't know what she plans to do if (God forbid!) she were to become governor...perhaps have one of her servants run the state while she whines about how Bush is ruining it all?

Comejo seems nice enough as a person, but his grasp of how politics actually work is shakey at best. The last thing California needs is another of that ilk. He might make a pleasant next door neighbor, but he'd be a disastor as a governor.

"Californicator" is an insult, m'dear. I certainly hope you didn't intend it that way.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Jack

Post by Jack »

I say Arianna would be a better Governor than Gray, Cruz, or Arnold. But it's all a moot point anyway because I don't live in California and have never even been there so I'm not going to be voting, like some of the others who have commented on this thread.

Quote @ Redwolf
"Californicator" is an insult, m'dear. I certainly hope you didn't intend it that way.
Oh, but of course not. ;-)

I'm sure mocking people with an accent ("Kahl-lee-for-nee-uns...") wasn't meant as an insult, either.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ TheWeekenders
I am glad Arnold nailed her on the fact that pays little to no taxes. I mean, she marries a rich guy, divorces him and sits in her fancy house in LA and calls it workin'! She once was a reporter, tis true, but she is basically living off the fat of community property and her questionable celebrity.
Arianna pays as much taxes as anybody else does. She is a writer and columnist, and her income is cyclical, some years she pays more taxes than others, because of the nature of a writer's income.

Quote @ TheWeekenders
Her rainbow ideology (one day a conservative, one day a liberal) completes her utter phoniness in my eyes.
Arianna has said over and over that her beliefs on a woman's right to choose, gay rights, the enviroment, and other social issues have never changed. What has changed is her belief in the role government should play in those things. Lots of people have had change of heart of this type, going from liberal to conservative and from conservative to liberal, that's not a bad thing. It just shows that you're not pigeon-holed into thinking one way and one way only. The ability to change your mind is an asset, in my honest opinion.

Quote @ TheWeekenders
I can imagine her on Johnny Carson's couch, along with Orson Bean and other people you are not sure of why they are famous.
She is famous partly because she is the ex-wife of a Republican Congressman who happens to be gay, and partly because she is a good writer and columnist. I can think of people who are famous for much more frivolous reasons.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Also, feeling the possibility for this thread to become a flame-fest, and taking the advice of some people on this board to know how to pick and choose your battles, I'm not going to click on this message anymore.