OT: Other than whistles, what do you collect?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

Tiger stuff. . .all of it was at work, but now, with FIVE DAYS TO GO, I've brought it all home.

Used to have a fairly wide unicorn collection...now I've paired back to the unique ones...numbered, hand crafted, etc

Tyghre has a collection of flashlights that is awesome and bewildering, but he doesn't think of it as a collection per se, rather, each one is vital and useful and necessary in the house. Kind of like my whistles :lol:

Lot of books, but that's not a collection

Hostas...28 varieties in my 1/4 acre piece of property.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

I do not collect whistles or anything else. However, books do tend to accumulate somehow. :D
Jane

Post by Jane »

Art supplies! Everything from blow torches to crochet hooks. Glass work to rubber stamps..... :boggle:
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Children.

Arleen collects them, actually. She goes to ridiculous places to collect them, like Siberia.

The standard conversation goes like this:

"How many children have you?"

"Well, let's see. This is Sunday. Five, I think. Three more on the way."

Best wishes,
Jerry
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

We have an impressive collection of wine corks after 14 years of weekly steak and wine dinners with the spouse....14 years minus nine months for each of the kids, approximately, makes about 650 corks! We're starting to run out of room so I've had to start throwing them away. Someday we'll figure out a use for them!

:boggle:

Robin
cj

Post by cj »

Books and musical instruments and books regarding musical instruments (have too many tutorials). Obviously I have WhOA really bad, and I also have a mando, an octave mando, flutes (yes, the Boehm kind and a cool Native American flute), recorders :o , a fife, a keyboard, and a few guitars. I like folk instruments, and the Boehm flute and piano were instruments I learned as a child and still like.

I never get bored though!
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I have a bunch of turtle figurines, stuffed animals and art, including two that were sculpted by my older son, one carved from wood and one permanently inked on my back. I only collect instruments that I actually play, which means less than 20 whistles and a smaller, but really excellent, collection of fifes.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Jack

Post by Jack »

I didn't think of instruments as a 'collection', right away, so <a href="http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 5">here</a> is mine.

Quote @ Sara
I just wanted to say, I really dig your avatar - very cool!
I like yours, too. :-)
Sara

Post by Sara »

Cranberry wrote:
Quote @ Sara
I just wanted to say, I really dig your avatar - very cool!
I like yours, too. :-)

Thank you!! :)
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

You can't hear the truth over your own lawnmower, man!
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Shewt...I thought I was done, but you people reminded me of the little collections....um, rubber stamps (primarily botanicals) and frogs...two very specific mini-collections, one outdoor collection of froggy garden figurines (hiding amid the hostae) and one indoor collection of paired froggies. . .um. . .caught in the act.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

Objects:
Antique books. Scarves, shawls, and wraps. Beads.
Thoughts:
Quotations and versions of my favourite ballads.
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Jack

Post by Jack »

I love hostas, especially when they're all bunched together, under a tree.

Speaking of plants, I have a <a href="http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering ... >wandering jew plant</a> on the porch that's 'collected' itself beyond hope this summer (it's at least a few feet long, started out as a couple of inches). I'm going to cut most of it away, but if anybody here wants some just PM me and I'll give it to you for free. It's sending roots everywhere. Grows super easy and super fast.
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

I collect clones of native edible, useful and just interesting fungal fruiting bodies (mushrooms). I have most of the clones in the fridge growing on cornmeal agar. I also have the equipment to go with that hobby, so I also collect microbiological equipment including a 50-gallon pressure cooker to autoclave stuff in and numerous mason jars to make mushroom spawn in. I even made my own small propane burner from aquarium and gas line fittings, an aquarium pump and an oilcan to flame sterilize microbiology tools as I inoculate petri dishes and other culture containers.
Rod
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Rod Sprague wrote:I collect clones of native edible, useful and just interesting fungal fruiting bodies (mushrooms). I have most of the clones in the fridge growing on cornmeal agar. I also have the equipment to go with that hobby, so I also collect microbiological equipment including a 50-gallon pressure cooker to autoclave stuff in and numerous mason jars to make mushroom spawn in. I even made my own small propane burner from aquarium and gas line fittings, an aquarium pump and an oilcan to flame sterilize microbiology tools as I inoculate petri dishes and other culture containers.
Rod
Oh boy, don't EVEN talk to my husband, he keeps going on about growing morels in our basement...

:roll:

Robin
PapoAnaya

Post by PapoAnaya »

Good Evening:

Well...

I collect old cameras and musical instruments. I think I have way to many of them that my time allows to play them.

My wife collects cooking books.

Luis