Poll: Lock "fair & balanced" ??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Time for Dale to lock down "Chiff & Fipple: Fair & Balanced" ?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 47

Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

blackhawk wrote:Why did you start it in the first place? Like we haven't had enough bad feelings around here because of politics anyway. You started a thread once called "Why do some people shoot themselves in the foot?"

Well, why do you, Dale?
1. I didn't say I thought it was a bad thread. I just wondered if maybe it's time to move on.

2. I started it because I'm always looking for little tidbits from the headlines to allude to in the titles of my newsletters. Had I written a newsletter recently, I probably would have picked up on the "Fair & Balanced" thing. I tried it out here and put the Al Franken article in. That it has strayed off into religious debate is probably not entirely my responsibility.

Thanks for asking, blackhawk.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, Dale, you know I disagree with yer political opinions. But lockdown??? Noooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaay! Better watch it, we'll recall ya and vote for an Ooompa Looompa to take yer place.

Also, its only 58 pages short of "that Cutie-Pie thing".

Where are the usual voices who decry lockdowns? What happened to Blumenfeldt et al???
Jack

Post by Jack »

I hereby officially decry this lockdown.

No lockdown is a good lockdown.

I agree with The Weekenders.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Headquarters has just informed us that as of 11:37 P.M. Eastern time, representatives of the Don't Lockdown Party (DLP) contacted our studios to insist that we immediately cease reporting that the election has been won by the Do Lockdown Party (DLP). The Don't Lockdown Party (DLP) spokesperson stated that it's still too early in the counting of votes, and our reporting may influence people in other time zones not to go to the polls.

Best wishes,
Jerry
glauber

Post by glauber »

Don't lock it!

We need at least a couple of threads to attract all the cookie, inflammatory and genneraly offensive posts. If you lock it, those people will start posting in the whistle threads!
:twisted:

I think Dale must be commended for starting that thread. By staying away from it, i've been able to have a much more enjoyable C&F experience.

g
:devil:
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

glauber wrote:[

I think Dale must be commended for starting that thread. By staying away from it, i've been able to have a much more enjoyable C&F experience.

g
That's funny. I like funny.

Dale
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Gosh darn it. Am I going to have to read that thread. I hate to miss out on something contraversial enough to draw an attempted lockdown. Well piddle, don`t lock it down until I`m finished reading it.

Tom
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The Weekenders wrote:Well, Dale, you know I disagree with yer political opinions.
Yeah. 'Cause I'm a liberal. (Sean Hannity & Ann Coulter want me dead.)

Dale
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Nope I couldn`t do it. My drugs aren`t that good. Couldn`t even make it through the first page. Its just that I hate fashizum, thats all.

Tom
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I say lock it! It's drifted so often that I'd bet that a large majority of the participants in it can't remember the topic of Dales's first post.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I think you're too conservative, Dale.

But don't worry, I still love you. And everything.
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

Dale, I have to admire the fact that your asking, I think a lot of moderators would simply make a thread they thought was getting out of hand "disapear", the fact that your even considering a vote is very cool. I have no opinions on lockdown or anything, I dont read political or political related threads, they are not the reason I'm on this board; I basically ignore their exsistence and read about whistles and the people that play them.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

glauber wrote:Don't lock it!

We need at least a couple of threads to attract all the cookie, inflammatory and genneraly offensive posts. If you lock it, those people will start posting in the whistle threads!
:twisted:

g
Certainly there is some truth to this. Satire shows truth in its exaggeration, or even in its falsities, but there have been times that fight threads were going, and I could tell they were fight threads by how fast they were growing, and I never visited said threads, and the other C&F threads were so very civil.
Reasonable person
Walden
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Kooky, not cookie. Just for the record. Best
waitingame

Post by waitingame »

Switchfoot wrote:I dont read political or political related threads, they are not the reason I'm on this board; I basically ignore their exsistence and read about whistles and the people that play them.
I couldn't agree more. I've only been a member for 24 hours - and this is my very first post - but already I've seen threads that start off on subject and seemingly rapidly descend into personal abuse and in one case not far short of racism.

In a group with so many members I guess there are always going to be a tiny proportion of bullies who think it's clever to be clever but at least they seem to be vastly outnumbered on this list by decent, helpful whistlers.

Just my opinion, of course.