OT: Chiff & Fipple: Fair & Balanced

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cinead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cinead »

Celtoid wrote:I am an agnostic and few things seem to make much sense anyway.
Celtoid, my heart goes out to you. I have known the love of God all of my life. I have been miraculously healed and seen many healings. I have seen many a troubled man and woman, teenager and child find their lives totally changed by the miracle working power of God. I've even seen a little ten-year-old girl raised from the dead. Agnostics, atheists, headonists, bikers, gang members, drunks, druggies, gays--you name it. I have seen their lives transformed with God's love, peace and joy. God is real, and will really be there for any one who will come to Him with a sincere heart and ask for help. After that, it all starts making sense.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Would you guys mind terribly if I lock this thread?

Dale
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

Lock it Dale! Time to get back to whistling. :o
Jack

Post by Jack »

I would mind a great deal. I think intelligent people can have intelligent conversation without having to lock threads...we're not children. (Believe it or not. ;) )
C4

Post by C4 »

I have to agree with Cranberry here...We are adults..I think.. At least in body maybe..But this is a very emotional discussion thats for sure. I dont trust myself to even get involved in this at all..But I have enjoyed reading it..My only response can be Peace, Love and Tyedye this is the answer to all lifes questions...
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I've contributed several times to it and I say shut it down. It's only going to get self-destructive from here on.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ Chuck_Clark
I've contributed several times to it and I say shut it down. It's only going to get self-destructive from here on.
I don't think getting self-destructive should be the criteria of shutting down a post. But mabey that's why I'm not moderator. At any rate, it is the opinion of The Board (which resides only in The Head) that this topic should not be shut down.
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Can I add just one comment to the fray? I noticed that someone wondered if a Muslim lawyer representing a Muslim client would be bothered or intimidated by the presence of the 10 Commandments. Since Islam is one of the three religions that consider the 10 Commandments to be part of Holy Scripture (the other two, of course, being Judaism and Christianity), I doubt a Muslim would be bothered at all...or at least he would be no more or less likely to be bothered by it than a Jew or Christian would be.

Just figured I ought to clarify that one, FWIW.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I think locking this thread would be a fine thing to do.

There are issues on which common ground is difficult to find, and this thread has arrived at them. I fear from here on we are heading more toward argument and ad hominem and less toward discussion and respect.

--James
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

C4 wrote:I have to agree with Cranberry here...We are adults
well that's just the problem here, were adults. you'll never here 2 year olds say "life sucks" or "why do i have to get up so early every day?". every day is a joy to the kids, a whole day to discover and play. they bring us joy!!
we can learn a lot from our 2 year olds 8)