Larks and Owls

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
syn whistles
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Larks and Owls

Post by syn whistles »

Hi Wombat, I see from the browsers list that your'e another early riser! I wonder how the rest of the chiffers fit into the lark and owl thing?
By the way, are you doing Jamberoo this year, that's pretty handy for you? Syn.
So good it has to be a SYN!
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Owl here - all the way. The last time few times I saw the sunrise, I hadn't gotten to bed yet.
cj

Post by cj »

I'm definitely a lark. Even when I can sleep late, I rarely do since my internal clock is used to getting up between 6 and 7. It's an advantage having a son, since most kids (at least small ones) get up early.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Who? Who?

Me?

Owl. I can be dead tired, but when 9:30pm rolls around, I perk up. I always get the feeling that something's going on somewhere and I'm missing it.
trisha

Post by trisha »

I don't do mornings - a grudging 7.30am on schooldays, 9.00am in the holidays...and never ever go to bed the same day I get up.

Interestingly, out of all my children (including a 2 year old) - the only one that gets up early is nearly 14 :-? - not yet a duvet person.

Trisha...just waking up - it's nearly midnight - whooooo.....
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

Lark, I get up at 6:30 a.m. or 7 even if I don't have to. I can stay up late on occasion, but prefer early to bed, early to rise.
+ Bill
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

A real lark, I get up around 5AM and go to bed around 10PM, and I don't perk up in the evening...just get grumpy if I have to stay up really late waiting for one of the teens to roll in. But hey at least I'm happy in the morning...always. :party:
Lark

Post by Lark »

I would say I’m a night lark… Or a morning owl…
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I'm a converted morning person. I used to be a night owl, often up at the crack of noon. I still miss a lot of the night life -- like have missed Solas and Lunasa recently because they were playing after bedtime. Damn, I wish the DC Irish Fest would start up again.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Both. I have to get up early to either go to work or church, BUT, I've always been a night owl. I get renewed about 10pm and then am good for at least another couple of hours. Maybe this is why I get so sleepy during the day.?
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm something.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Definitely an owl. I HATE getting up in the morning, and can't be trusted to operate heavy machinery (or to speak civilly) until I've had a couple of cups of coffee and a hot shower. I do my best work at night...when I'm working on a brochure or newsletter, I'm often up until 2:00 or better.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Easily_Deluded_Fool

Post by Easily_Deluded_Fool »

I like a lark, and 'owl when I larf :D

I am up with the sun - very early in summer and latish nights.
Late up in winter - early to bed, and often nap during the day too.

Special lights keep me going during winter, otherwise I'd hiberbate.
Best time for doing stuff is am.
No whistles were harmed in the transmission of this communication.
Wombat

Re: Larks and Owls

Post by Wombat »

whistles"]Hi Wombat, I see from the browsers list that your'e another early riser! I wonder how the rest of the chiffers fit into the lark and owl thing?
By the way, are you doing Jamberoo this year, that's pretty handy for you? Syn.[/quote]

Hi Erle, I'm afraid you caught me at the end of one of my owlish all-nighters. Like some others here I chop and change quite a bit. I'm owlish by inclination but my teaching schedule is very erratic so I have to adjust my hours to suit my employer. If I have an 8.30 or 9.30 lecture, I've not only got to be there, I've got to at least try to sound lively and interesting. So I'm an early riser on those mornings.

I might well go to Jamberoo but I wouldn't be performing. I still don't know actually and I'm not sure who's on. A problem even with nearby festivals is that they are timed to coincide with school holidays but so are recording sessions with other people interstate who have day jobs. My plans are still a bit up in the air. Will you be going, if so I'll look out for you if I can make it?
syn whistles

Post by syn whistles »

Jamberoo's on in a fortnight Wombat, so there's no 'school' holidays to worry about. I don't know about uni's though, they're almost always on holidays, (or so I recall from my student days).
There will be an instrument makers exhibition this year and I hope to get along to that, see you there if you make it..
So good it has to be a SYN!