In your heart, you know Chiff & Fipple is right

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Positions

Post by Dale »

DaleWisely wrote:Health Care:

One of the worst thing that can happen to a person is to get sick, and the more serious the sickness, the more worse it is. It can sure be expensive, too, if you don't have good health insurance. Or, worse, if you don't have ANY health insurance. Which I do. But, anyway. For example, my youngest daughter has to have braces. We're talking about $4400! And nevermind that this is my 3rd daughter to get braces and one of them had to get them TWICE because she didn't wear her retainer. And, never mind that my WIFE got them a few years ago, too, even though I thought her teeth were PLENTY straight. So, we need to do something about the cost of orthodontics and other health care.
This aspect of the platform has generated a lot of email to me and is obviously capturing the hearts and minds of voters. Accordingly, I am announcing the broadening of this platform into a fullscale WAR ON ORTHODONTICS. If that goes well, we may broaden further into a WAR ON DENTISTRY.
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

DaleWisely wrote:Accordingly, I am announcing the broadening of this platform into a fullscale WAR ON ORTHODONTICS. If that goes well, we may broaden further into a WAR ON DENTISTRY.
I'm guessing this is a war that will probably never end, since, try as you might, there will always be nefarious dentists around somewhere. :)
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Right. There will never be an end to it, but we WILL prevail.

Dale
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Yeah, it'll be like pulling teeth. There'll always be a dentist to fill the cavity left by the removal of another, but if we stick to the drill, Dale should at least get some kind of plaque for it all. The bridge to the future may require some braces here and there, but we must not brush our responsibilities aside, but root out the decay that is indentured in that evil cabal: orthodontics. To the victor goes the crown.

Thank you.

(Edited. Of course.)
jluckett

Post by jluckett »

Yeah, it'll be like pulling teeth. There'll always be a dentist to fill the cavity left by the removal of another, but if we stick to the drill, Dale should at least get some kind of plaque for it all. The bridge to the future may require some braces here and there, but we must not brush our responsibilities aside, but root out the decay that is indentured in that evil cabal: orthodontics. To the victor goes the crown.
:lol: Impressive!!!

Dale, have you considered making Nanohedron your Official Speech Writer? (On the off chance you would happen to get writer's block, that is.)
An mothaionn tu' t'inchinn ag crapadh agat?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

*wild thunderous applause* Thank you, thank you.

Actually, Dale is one of the funniest writers out there. I just offer up short groaners and soon my wind is spent.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Nanohedron wrote:Yeah, it'll be like pulling teeth. There'll always be a dentist to fill the cavity left by the removal of another, but if we stick to the drill, Dale should at least get some kind of plaque for it all. The bridge to the future may require some braces here and there, but we must not brush our responsibilities aside, but root out the decay that is indentured in that evil cabal: orthodontics. To the victor goes the crown.

Thank you.

(Edited. Of course.)
One of your best, Nano. Nice work.
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

In my guts, I KNOW he's NUTS! :P :P
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Anna Martinez wrote:In my guts, I KNOW he's NUTS! :P :P
Just to clarify: you meant Dale, of course.
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Nanohedron wrote:
Anna Martinez wrote:In my guts, I KNOW he's NUTS! :P :P
Just to clarify: you meant Dale, of course.
Snerk, snerk, of course! :oops:
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

jluckett wrote: Dale, have you considered making Nanohedron your Official Speech Writer? (On the off chance you would happen to get writer's block, that is.)
Nanohedrom is promised a place in My Government, seated at the right hand of the Undisputed and, one would hope, willing to leap in front of me to take a rotten tomato in my stead.

Incidentally. I saw Idi Amin has left us. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

DaleWisely wrote:...willing to leap in front of me to take a rotten tomato in my stead.

I make a wicked marinara sauce. You want garlic? Shallots? Bring on those tomatoes. Projectile tomato-mashing on my own person is the secret to that special je ne sais quoi in my private recipe. 'Tis but a small sacrifice; to be able to adorn the pasta of the Undisputed makes up for all.
DaleWisely wrote:Incidentally. I saw Idi Amin has left us. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
May none mourn his passing.
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

DaleWisely wrote: This aspect of the platform has generated a lot of email to me and is obviously capturing the hearts and minds of voters. Accordingly, I am announcing the broadening of this platform into a fullscale WAR ON ORTHODONTICS. If that goes well, we may broaden further into a WAR ON DENTISTRY.
In light of said discourse, I find it necessary to throw my hat into the ring and run for Governor of California. We must not tolerate ANY war so, as candidate for the Green Peas party, I will fight (in a passive way) for tooth, justice and the American weigh.

TD

VISUALIZE WHIRLED PEAS
Music and songs were part of a cowboy's life. It is said that a trail boss would never pick a fellow that could not sing or whistle.
markv

Post by markv »

Paul wrote:Bravo Walden! I've been mesmerized!

Or maybe martinized... whatever! :D

What is martinizing anyway?
Maybe we should ask Martin? It just might involve a potato.

Mark V.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because
they tell us that dragons exist, but because
they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

G. K. Chesterton
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I want to confess the source of my own fierce
loathing of orthodontists. When I was about 12
I wanted to play the flute. My orthodontist produced
a book 'Facial Deformities From Wind Instruments'
by Oliver Teethout.
The flute, it said, can produce a short, thick upper lip.
There was a photo of a poor devil who looked
like a rabbit.

'Your upper lip is short enough,' he said sagely.

No flute. I had to wait until I was 60 and too
freakin ugly for it to matter anymore!
This orthodontist was the nicest man,
and a fool.

This is why I have never had children. Chiffandfipple to victory in California!