OT Lefthanders day

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Parcour25
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Parcour25 »

Well, susan dear, it is one of those things that is relevant information to your life,... regardless of how often you shoot, sit, or shave....

Hold your hands together, arms outstretched, with an opening between your thumbs and pointer fingers, you should stare at an obhect through said opening, for example, a picture on the wall. Close one eye, and then the other, eye dominance will be immediately apparent. Report back to me, as I am curious yellow.

Ps- who is going to be Gov. of Utah now? :twisted: (I can't beileve that your pro-green Gub... is now working fer "The Bush")... more's the pity! Christie Todd Whitman de je'vue.
Tryst me. I am, yours truly......

Parcour v. D'Chasse, Esq.

Save the trees,..... not the Bush....
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

I object to this day, as the victim of grade school, being stuck using the green handled lefty scissors. In a class of twenty five, with twenty five pairs of scissors(and two of those pairs being lefty) and only ONE left handed student! Which meant a righty had to use a lefty pair, and those things were just plain annoying!
It was political correctness gone horribly wrong!

In more serious note . . . my dad was a lefty that the school forced righty. He was a child of the fourty's/fifties and that's what they did back then. His handwriting is awful . . . I can't figure out why they did stuff like that.
Thank goodness they don't do that now! Lefties, you've come a long way!
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Parcour25 wrote:Hold your hands together, arms outstretched, with an opening between your thumbs and pointer fingers, you should stare at an obhect through said opening, for example, a picture on the wall. Close one eye, and then the other, eye dominance will be immediately apparent. ...
Okay, it's not immediately apparent. Describe eye dominance.
Ps- who is going to be Gov. of Utah now? :twisted: (I can't beileve that your pro-green Gub... is now working fer "The Bush")... more's the pity! Christie Todd Whitman de je'vue.
Pro-green? :lol: The Lt. Gov., Oleen Walker, will take over (Utah's first woman governor).

Susan
Parcour25

Post by Parcour25 »

Is there a Doctor in the house? Susan needs help with her transverse rectabular extrusion bracket.

Sorry babe, when in doubt, shake it out.

Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I was never very proficient with my left hand. My right hand either. But especially I had less dexterity with my left hand. There was an article, a while back, in Christianity Today about Ned Flanders. If I am not mistaken, he runs a Leftorium.
Reasonable person
Walden
Parcour25

Post by Parcour25 »

Yum, doughnuts.

Leftinightus is a cerebral crossfunctioning of the hemispheres. I for example, still don't know my left from my right. I also tend to list a little bit when I walk.

kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Marko wrote:i was in a shop the other day, and when i was signing my reciept a large lady informed me that left handed people were more likely to be serial killers. anyone any light to shed on that little nugget?

I think right-handed people should be made to try and buy a left handed guitar today to see how difficult it is. :)
All those left handed Serial killers where probably sick of folk stating the obvious in a state of amazement, vis "YOU'RE LEFT HANDED!!!!" :o
Being a fellow 'Lefty', my response at one time was to suddenly drop the pen that I was writing with,or whatever,grab hold of my wrist in SHOCK HORROR :o and commence to grapple with my left hand as if it were 'the Beast with five fingers' with a life of it's own!!
Who says left handers are 'wierd' eh? :lol:
As for the Guitar - JIMI HENDRIX Need I say more? :D
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
TomB

Post by TomB »

susnfx wrote:
Parcour25 wrote:Hold your hands together, arms outstretched, with an opening between your thumbs and pointer fingers, you should stare at an obhect through said opening, for example, a picture on the wall. Close one eye, and then the other, eye dominance will be immediately apparent. ...

[Susan
Hmm, when I try this, through one eye the picture remains "centered" but when I look through the other eye, the picture sort of jumps to one side.

So, what does this mean?

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Parcour25 wrote:I also tend to list a little bit when I walk.
Hmmm...I've been known to talk to myself when I walk, but I usually don't just list things. What kind of things do you list?
Susan
Steven

Post by Steven »

Gee, I always thought the opposite of right-handed must be wrong-handed! My brother, for instance, is wrong-handed. (Then again, he's my brother, so I was obligated growing up to usually believe him to be wrong-headed too!)

:lol:
Steven
trisha

Post by trisha »

susnfx wrote:I write and shoot a rifle lefthanded but do everything else righthanded (including shooting a bow).
Me too... :), except it's so long since I shot a bow I don't remember...

Trisha
markv

Post by markv »

TomB wrote:
susnfx wrote:

[Susan
Hmm, when I try this, through one eye the picture remains "centered" but when I look through the other eye, the picture sort of jumps to one side.

So, what does this mean?

All the Best, Tom
The eye that the object remains centered in is your dominant eye. The eye that shoots the object to one side or the other is your non-dominant eye. You have to pick an object fairly far away, say 20-30 feet for it to become really apparent.

Mark V.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because
they tell us that dragons exist, but because
they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

G. K. Chesterton
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

mamakash wrote:. . . my dad was a lefty that the school forced righty. He was a child of the fourty's/fifties and that's what they did back then. His handwriting is awful
I have always been a rightie and my handwriting is pretty bad. Does that mean I am a closet leftie? :boggle:

Oh my!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Marko

Post by Marko »

kevin m. wrote:
Who says left handers are 'wierd' eh? :lol:
As for the Guitar - JIMI HENDRIX Need I say more? :D

yeah, actually if left handed guitars had been readily available then Hendrix might have sounded a whole lot different.
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Ever tried calligraphy? :o

Righty scisors can work OK if you use them upside down.

Gotta go hide some bodies now.

Tom