Poll of Purity

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Wich instrument do you love and play most?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:08 am

Tin (Low) Whistle
46%
Recorder
3%
Trad. Flute
10%
Uilleann or Scotch Pipe
12%
Fiddle
8%
Other instrument?
20%

Total votes: 59

Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Poll of Purity

Post by Henke »

Just added this poll to check the purity of this board. I reallise that the whistle will probably whin this poll by miles but it's interesting to see how many here acctually second the whistle to something else.
Bloomfield

Re: Poll of Purity

Post by Bloomfield »

Henke wrote:Just added this poll to check the purity of this board. I reallise that the whistle will probably whin this poll by miles but it's interesting to see how many here acctually second the whistle to something else.
Give me whistle or give me dessert.
/Bloomfield
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

Well, wait a minute. I'd like to see "tin whistle" separated from "low whistle." I can't make the reach on a low D but can cope with high D.

And I object to the use of the work "purity." Next comes eugenics.

M
(who hasn't voted yet)
Marguerite
Gettysburg
pthouron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pthouron »

This poll could be a little misleading: I picked the whistle, because that's what I play, but I also really love the pipes (all varieties) although I can't play them... :-?
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

mvhplank wrote:Well, wait a minute. I'd like to see "tin whistle" separated from "low whistle." I can't make the reach on a low D but can cope with high D.
Uilleann pipes and scottish are not exactly in the same class either
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Henke, I find the title and drift of this to be ominous. It smacks of ethnic cleansing: are there dark rumblings of chiffy eugenics I hear?

N, FLUTEplayer
skh

Post by skh »

I don't play the instrument most that I love most, that would be the flute which I don't have ;-)

So I voted what I'm practising most at the moment. Hint: it's rather chromatic, and I don't dare to admit it.

Sonja
Shut up and play.
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Eugenics is always a trade-off. Have you ever noticed that mongrel and cross-bred dogs tend to live longer and have fewer health problems than purebreds? It's just that the purebreds make more money for their breeders. Anyone else see a plot by the Crystal People here? :o

BB the instrumental mongrel
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I was forced to vote whistle since none of the other instruments I may play from time to time are listed. To keep the board "pure" seems hopeless since the most popular threads begin with OT.

Ron
hellbound skunk

Post by hellbound skunk »

I too was forced to pick low whistle. Even though I am directly torn between my low D whistle and my uilleann pipes. The only thing that tipped the scale was the fact that you catagorized the scottish pipes with uilleann pipes (what the hell?!?!) Trust me, as a player of BOTH types of pipes, the uilleann pipes kick major ass when compared to the highland pipes. No contest!
throw soup on you and wallow in scalding pain as you die until you are dead! big heavy thing falls on body, entrails fly.
Henke

Post by Henke »

Sorry about the stuffing of Love/Play most, Tin/Low whistles, Uilleann/Scotch pipes in the same cathegory. This is merely to be more cathegoric :D .
I do very well realise that there is huge differences in all thouse but... I can't seem to remember it... :roll: :D .
This poll might seem a bit discriminating but that was not my intention.
Altough I have to say it was interesting.
Cheers
Lothiel

Post by Lothiel »

Normally I play my whistle a lot, but currently, I'm really enjoying my fiddling.
~Lothiel Tinnueth~
aka. The Whistling Elf

"So Many Whistles, So Little Time."
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Well heck I`d have to say flute but I still play my whistles every day. Its just that I can play my flute all day now that it finaly actualy makes music. In fact I just can`t stop playing it. But I always grab a whistle so they don`t get upset. Plus I learn all my flute tunes on the whistle first. I don`t play as many whistles as I used to but the ones I play I love dearly.
I am so torn.

Tom

PS I wanted to use some smileis and stuff but for some reason when I click on one everything I said gets eraced and I just have a smiley. And that makes me want to put up and angry little face but that just ereases the smiley so no one would know why an angry face was up there with nothing else. Life IS like a box of choacolates!!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Blackbeer wrote:I wanted to use some smileis and stuff but for some reason when I click on one everything I said gets eraced and I just have a smiley. And that makes me want to put up and angry little face but that just ereases the smiley so no one would know why an angry face was up there with nothing else.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
THAT'S funny!
Susan
allezlesbleus

Post by allezlesbleus »

Blackbeer wrote:Life IS like a box of choacolates!!
Tom,

Forgive the bad joke but I got this variant of the Forrest Gump quote:

"Life ain't quite like a box of chocolates, more like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow."

:lol: :roll: :lol:

PC
"You think you've cornered the truth, so I point out that you may have missed a thing or two."
--Carl Sagan from <i>Contact</i>