Free Whistleworks CD.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
madguy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by madguy »

E = Fb wrote:What the HECK is going on here? Isn't this the fella who makes those Kerry and Chieftain whistles? Haven't we eaten him up on this site at least a dozen times? We excoriated him for piggybacking on the success of the Chietains band. We excoriated him for...well...all kinds of stuff, including his whistles. Now we're feeding out of his hand because he gives out a freeby. I'm reminded of the crowds that followed Jesus Christ from place to place because he could conjur up a meal by magic, but called for his execuation when it seemed the popular thing to do. Except this current situation is the reverse...he's gone from viallain to hero because he conjured up a freeby. Pathetic!
It's probably just me, but I can find no justifiable reason in this post being made in the first place. :)

~Larry
cquick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Fantastic CD

Post by cquick »

I picked mine up from the post yesterday - fantastic - I really enjoyed it - many thanks to Phil

Chuck
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Mine also came yesterday.

Phil, fantastic playing, a refreshing new take on some familiar tunes, and the whistles sound fanastic.

Nicely done, and thank you kindly! :)

--James
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

madguy wrote:
E = Fb wrote:What the HECK is going on here? Isn't this the fella who makes those Kerry and Chieftain whistles? Haven't we eaten him up on this site at least a dozen times? We excoriated him for piggybacking on the success of the Chietains band. We excoriated him for...well...all kinds of stuff, including his whistles. Now we're feeding out of his hand because he gives out a freeby. I'm reminded of the crowds that followed Jesus Christ from place to place because he could conjur up a meal by magic, but called for his execuation when it seemed the popular thing to do. Except this current situation is the reverse...he's gone from viallain to hero because he conjured up a freeby. Pathetic!
It's probably just me, but I can find no justifiable reason in this post being made in the first place. :)

~Larry
I think E=Fb was trying to point out the hypocrisy of accepting the freebie after having blasted Phil in the past. Where E=Fb misses is in failing to spot that none of those who seem to be praising Phil now were among the pack that hounded him previously. Were they, that would indeed be hypocritical.

I like to look at it the other way and see Phil being a lot more generous to this crowd than I would be if I were in his shoes.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

jim_mc wrote:I think E=Fb was trying to point out the hypocrisy of accepting the freebie after having blasted Phil in the past. Where E=Fb misses is in failing to spot that none of those who seem to be praising Phil now were among the pack that hounded him previously. Were they, that would indeed be hypocritical.

I like to look at it the other way and see Phil being a lot more generous to this crowd than I would be if I were in his shoes.
I was going to point that out, but I'm glad you beat me to it. You stated it much more eloquently. I've been around the board since January or so. I know that there is an issue, but don't know what that issue is -- although I could make a guess based on some of the random comments made on the board.

But, ignorance is bliss ... As I've never had any reason to whack Phil, I'm happy to say -- in a completely unhypocritical manner -- that I'm thoroughly enjoying the CD. Much thanks, Phil.

Little John
E = Fb

Post by E = Fb »

Good observation by Jim Mc. I didn't realize there was such a turnover on this board. Point taken.
Current stage of grief: Denial
DanTheWhistleMan

Post by DanTheWhistleMan »

Hello Phil,
The Cd just arrived today and I like it very much, the track with the Didgeridoo is especially interesting!
Thanks, Dan
Phil Hardy

No Addresses.

Post by Phil Hardy »

There are alot of people who have registered on the KWL site and have not sent me their addresses for the free CD.So if you have registered and want a CD, PLEASE email me your address as well.
I'll be away in Ireland for a week so I'll catch up with the mail-out when I return,so if you haven't got your CD yet please be patient, it will be sent soon.
All the best

Phil.

email.phil@kerrywhistles.com
nickt

Post by nickt »

Phil - received the CD yesterday. It's a delight! Absolutely wonderful, I really enjoy it and I've played it a few times already. Thank you! :D
Remember not to forget. Now, why am I here?
Phil Hardy

Cahersiveen Music Festival August Bank Holiday.Co Kerry.

Post by Phil Hardy »

If anyone is in southern Ireland this weekend ,try and get down to the Cahersiveen Music Festival on the ring of Kerry.Gigs,sessions and loads of fun.The weather is good and loads todo.

Hope to see you here.

Phil.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I got my CD yesterday. Very anxious to listen to it tonight. Thanks Phil.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Nicolas

Received CD today

Post by Nicolas »

Hey Phil,
thanks for the CD. It is really wonderfull ... really nice to hear your whistles played by their maker too :D

Cheers,

Nicolas.
lddulcimer

Post by lddulcimer »

Hey Phil - my CD arrived yesterday and I eagerly listened to it last night. :) Thanks so much - it truly is wonderful and I have already listened to it several times.

Thanks so much.
Peace.
Larry
Mastersound

Post by Mastersound »

E=Fb, I'm not sure there's a high turnover, just a lot of lurkers like me!

I mainly haunt guitar forums, but I regularly drop into Chiff and Fipple to see how everyone's doing. Chiff and Fipple is a great example of how people can actually get along, so I take respite from the politics and narrow-mindedness of a lot of other music and musical-intrument forums by visiting here.
don

Post by don »

Phil - Thanks so much - we just took a 22-hour car trip, and I enjoyed your CD several times. It is wonderful .............now if I can only keep my desire for one of your whistles under control.......................

Thank y'all a heap.