OT: Supremely Bad Taste (literally)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by RonKiley »

I know this has been about drinks but the original thread said bad taste. For years my favorite sandwich for lunch was peanut butter and liverwurst. Both of them nice and thick. I had a friend who ate this for lunch and he said don't knock it if you haven't tried it. So I tried it. It was great.
Ron
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Ron, that's right up there. I only started with drinks because that was the inspiration. :boggle:
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw in a trade magazine back when I ran printing presses for a living.

Pressroom scene, big goofy printing press in the background, dog that's gotten his tail into an inkpot wandering around, three dimwitted looking pressmen, scratching their heads examining a big press sheet (printed paper wet off the press).

One of them says, "Damn, Earl! That's your cream cheese and olive sandwich!"
Kar

Post by Kar »

Cream cheese and black olive sandwiches are delicious! They are even better if you add pepperoni and onion, but then it's only polite to avoid human contact for several days afterward (yup, it's a real breath killer).
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Lorenzo wrote:...Drambuie/Scotch is the perfect drink...yum (in small portions). Anyone that finds themselves not attracted to that ought to have their forebrains examined! :D
*has frontbrain examined*
Right, some cells missing up there due to unspeakable amount of Drambui consumed one evening in my 'wilder years'.
Even now, more than 10 years later, the mere smell of Drambui makes my insides churn :puppyeyes:

As a kid I used to make up disgusting food combinations with my sister. The most horrid one we never got to try must have been herring&chocolate :yum:

pix
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

pixyy wrote:As a kid I used to make up disgusting food combinations with my sister. The most horrid one we never got to try must have been herring&chocolate :yum:

pix
In "The Holidays of Little Nicolas" French humorist René Goscinny suggested hot chocolate over fresh (=live) oysters, with a bowl of lukewarm mutton grease on the side.

It was in a scene where Nicolas' dad and a friend tried to outgross each other in a boat on the sea in Brittany. Finally, the old sailor who didn't say anything, just listened, turned green and took heading back to the port, full speed...
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

This whole thread is making me nauseated...dredging up too many old "cellular memories" methinks....

:boggle:

Robin
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Brigitte wrote:I have come across some weird mixtures of Absinth with fruit juices, champagne etc. So far what tastes best to me in 1toxy-order
I thought Absinthe wasn't made anymore, due to the fact that wormwood (one of its ingredients, at least historically) contains a neurotoxin. Did they replace the wormwood with something else? :-?
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

TelegramSam wrote:
Brigitte wrote:I have come across some weird mixtures of Absinth with fruit juices, champagne etc. So far what tastes best to me in 1toxy-order
I thought Absinthe wasn't made anymore, due to the fact that wormwood (one of its ingredients, at least historically) contains a neurotoxin. Did they replace the wormwood with something else? :-?
It never was forbidden in the micro-state of Andorra so some got smuggled to France and Spain.
Now, there's legal Absinthe again: some filtration or refinery got rid of the neurotoxin.

Luckily, the same molecula is freely available in most Gins. True, you have to drink more of it before the Technicolor Bats creep in. :boggle: Just add tonic water to help reduce the fever...
Henkersbraut

Post by Henkersbraut »

Zubivka wrote:before the Technicolor Bats creep in :boggle:
:lol: Technicolour Bats! *takes notes* (which is more than I can say I've done in the rest of this thread - I try to forget most of it!)

Bad taste... making tacos with elk meat, now that is bad taste! And waste of good meat!
allezlesbleus

Post by allezlesbleus »

Weirdest drink I've ever come across is this:

1 oz. EverClear
4 oz. Bombay Sapphire or Jeremiah Weed
4 oz. Cold Wild Turkey
2 oz. Herredura Tequila
5 oz. Rum
1 worm from bottle of Mezcla
2 oz. Gatorade

Can you guess? ;)

The Earthly version of the famous Pan-Galatic Gargle Blaster...I've never quite screw up the courage (or foolhardiness to actually try it).

For strange drink experiences, has anyone had an upside-down magarita? Here's the techinque:

Sit in a chair
Tip your head back
Open your mouth
Have someone pour in Tequila and M. Mix
Close mouth
Have the pourer shake your head violently (blender effect)
Swallow
(vomit)

PC

PS--Zoob, you drink Pernod and Suze? Straight? Yeesh... On another note, do you like a Picon Biere?
"You think you've cornered the truth, so I point out that you may have missed a thing or two."
--Carl Sagan from <i>Contact</i>
allezlesbleus

Post by allezlesbleus »

Almost forgot about this one, there was apparently a craze a few years back for a shot that constisted of all the crud that collected in the bar towel. The would wring out the rag into a shot glass there ya go!

(Do we have a barf icon?)

PC
"You think you've cornered the truth, so I point out that you may have missed a thing or two."
--Carl Sagan from <i>Contact</i>
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

allezlesbleus wrote:Almost forgot about this one, there was apparently a craze a few years back for a shot that constisted of all the crud that collected in the bar towel. The would wring out the rag into a shot glass there ya go!

(Do we have a barf icon?)

PC
OK, if there's an award for the rudest of the rude, that one's in the running. Yes, I think we need a barf icon. :lol:
Seth

Post by Seth »

You can still legally buy "true" absinthe (with the wormwood and everything) in many former Soviet Bloc countries, and some even have extensive online ordering options. I hear that Britain just relegalized absinthe but I don't know which variety they use. You can buy a wormwood free version of absinthe in some places in America, but then all you have is an exceedingly bitter unpleasant experience.

And I have to disagree with Brad's comment awhile back. Personally I really enjoy the taste of an Irish Car Bomb. Though I haven't heard of using coffee liquor along with the Bailey's and Jameson. There is the issue that it only tastes good for about five seconds, hence the need to slam it, but those five seconds are wonderful. Just don't drink more then one in a night.

Seth
Hallatauer

Post by Hallatauer »

[quote="chas]
The most egregious drink mixing I ever saw was in Cincinnati, a place where it was near impossible to get a decent beer. We went to a place advertising a black and tan. They had Guinness on tap, but no Harp or Bass, so we speculated whether they'd mix it with Bud, Bud Lite or with a bottle of real beer. I lost -- they actually mixed Guinness with Bud Lite.[/quote]

Now thats just wrong. Arthur Guinness must have rolled over in his grave.

A new local drink here is called an Irish Car Bomb.

A shot glass of 1/2 Baileys and 1/2 Jameson's dumped into a 1/2 pint of Guinness. I shuddered and passed on it and went back to sipping my lovely pint of pure Guinness.
Dan the Squeaker Extrodinaire