OT - What happened to what's his/her name ??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

OT - What happened to what's his/her name ??

Post by Tony »

Listing this as Off Topic just to cover myself... People have changes in their lifestyles... family, school, jobs, travel, lack of internet access, other hobby interests, etc. I was just pondering, who can you think of who no longer posts here (for whatever reason) that you may miss by there absence?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I miss Gary. Not seen hide nor hair of him on the Forum since April.
kevin m.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kevin m. »

Mick Woodruff seems to post exceedingly rarely,if at all,these days.
There has also been no new material on his own website for a while now.
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Nobody.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

:lol: CRAB.
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Missing Person

Post by Alan »

I miss Bloo!

He hasn't posted since: 03 Jul 2003 13:47. Maybe it's just the holiday or perhaps he is 'gone with the wind'.

I'm going to wait a bit longer and then call out search and rescue and the K-9 squad!

But first... a nap! :D

Alan
Last edited by Alan on Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Is Andrea (Aderyn) still around?

Steve
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Hundreds of people have passed through!
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

kevin m. wrote:Mick Woodruff seems to post exceedingly rarely,if at all,these days.
There has also been no new material on his own website for a while now.
Don't worry about Mick, he's quite allright... just devoting his attention to personal interests that are more important than whistles. ;)
I miss his postings too though... I've learned a lot from his advice, and also received a lot of encouragement from him along the way.
Mick always went above and beyond what most people would do to help a struggling beginner, and I owe him my deepest gratitude.
Oh, and even if his playing style might not meet with the approval of some of the more hardcore traditionalists around here... you've got to admit that he's extremely talented, and that there's an inspiring and almost magical quality conveyed through his music.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

bill "serpent" whedon doesn't post so much anymore now that he's busy with his whistle-making operation...
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

jim stone wrote:Hundreds of people have passed through!
A haiku for them:

the wind, passing clouds;
where are the departed? now,
a keening: whistles

(edited to insert poetically strategic comma)
Last edited by Nanohedron on Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

I have also been missing Serpie-Pie and I have been wondering where Kim from Tulsa has gone to. :-?

Oh yeah, Today is my 1st Chiffyfippleversary! :D

Cheers
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Not to mention the more than four hundred people who have registered but never made a single post. Where are they? Sometimes the thought crosses my mind wondering if any of these people joined and then something awful happend... serious injury, death, etc.... that prevented them from ever posting. Or that someday if the board stays around, some who are regular posters are eventually going to age and pass on, or some accident will happen. How long will it be before their absense is noted and what happend to them is learned? A day? A week? A year? Sad thought. A tad bit morbid? I guess. Perhaps I just think too much. :(

On a brighter note... Happy Chiffiversary Kathy! :)

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Actually I did just think of someone I miss, Wandering Whistler. I liked him a lot. He was always there for the newbies like me, and he had a wealth of experience with many different whistles. He got run out of here by the crabbier types who followed him out the door shortly after he left, those who didn't put up a website with the sheet music for many different tunes like he did.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Danceswithtrout Nancy M. and Celtic Warrior.

Sniff.

:cry: