Greenwoodpipes whistle came today!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
didymus
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Greenwoodpipes whistle came today!

Post by didymus »

Got a big treat when I came home from work today. My first wooden whistle was waiting for me! I am very pleased with it. Tone is great. Appearance is very nice. Cocobolo, brass bands. My whistle is the first one on the right in the link below:

http://www.greenwoodpipes.com/available.html

One minor quibble about the wood. The wood is very dark on the fipple section, almost resembling cherry wood, while the wood on the lower section is quite a bit lighter. I would have preferred if the two pieces matched a little more, but my wife thinks it gives the whistle a distinctive appearance.

All in all the whistle is a bargain at $100.

Frank
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

So, Frank, yours would resemble one of the two rightmost whistles? I can go with distinctive.

Looks like Davey's puttin' out the stuff!
morgan

Post by morgan »

Those are some drop-dead beautiful instruments. Any sound files out there?
Davey

..garsh..thanks!

Post by Davey »

...if only you could see me blush! Thanks ever so much for the kind comments.

Yes...I know, the fipple on 2 of those whistles wasconsiderable darker...but that's kind of the nature of cocobolo. My wife commented on exactly the same thing....but I made the "executive" decision that the darker fipple I sent matched the body SOUND wise better than a lighter fipple I had. ...whenever possible I obviously aim for a pleasing looking instrument, but sound MUST come first.

Cocobolo is turning out (no pun intended) to be the favorite wood of choice..and it does make a VERY sweet sounding, stable whistle.

...thanks Nano...when ya gonna come over and try out that boxwood flute of mine?
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I got one, too, a cocobolo, and I have to say it's one of the finest whistles I've ever played. It's consistent thru both octaves, which is all too rare and has a heavenly tone. I'd rate it as one of the very best whistles I own.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Blackhawk, you holding out on me? Bring this thing with you to the Games next week. I want to check it out! And someone needs to post a clip. Get with it, people.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

TonyHiggins wrote:Blackhawk, you holding out on me? Bring this thing with you to the Games next week. I want to check it out! And someone needs to post a clip. Get with it, people.
Tony
Will do, Tony. I just got it two days ago but the first thing I thought of was how great it would sound with YOU playing it. I held off posting about it because he could easily be charging twice or more what he is now charging and I wanted to order another one before he realizes how good he is and raises his prices. :) I'll bring it when I come for my next lesson and you can post a clip.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Maybe, you'd like to work out a trade...
Just kidding.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

TonyHiggins wrote:Maybe, you'd like to work out a trade...
Just kidding.

:lol: :lol: Not for this one, buddy! I love this one.

--Plato
elliott

email blues

Post by elliott »

Apparently you have to have Outlook Express to email greenwoodpipes.

Could someone please tell me what his email address is, so I don't have to subscribe to OE?[img][/img]
“Poor man,” said I, “you pay too much for your whistle.”
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

for future email info:
If you move your cursor over the link, at the bottom of you Internet Explorer browser it should say mailto: (emailaddress)
Or, right clink and copy link. Open a text file and paste and voila!