Off Topic.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Off Topic.

Post by Henke »

I was wondering if anyone here share my interest for whisky. I absolutely love whisky, mainly scotch and irish single-malt. I was just bored when reading about some whisky's on scotchwhisky.com, a great web site, altough lacking any sens of humor. Now I would love to hear from a whisteling whisky geek that isn't a skinn dry man in his sixties, comfortably leaned back in his share by the fire...
pthouron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pthouron »

Single malt indeed. My favorites are the Lagavulin, Adberg and Bruichladdich.
I'll have a wee dram to your health!
:)
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

I just got back from a trip to Ireland and Scotland. While in the latter, I toured the Edradour Distillery in Pitlochry. It's the smallest distillery in Scotland, run by just three men at a time since 1825.

A great tour, nice folks, and a very good single malt.

Needless to say I brought back a bottle
Henke

Post by Henke »

Nice. I've heard of the Edradour but never got my hands on a bottle. My favurites are The Glenlivet, Laphroig (not the 10year old), Highland Park and Middleton (but thats not a single malt).
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I think Glenlivet is overrated, myself. ;) For the ultimate Scots, try Glenmorangie (just talking about the stuff available outside the Scotland). For a little more oomph, it's hard to beat MacAllan. For Irish stuff that you can get outside Ireland I like Black Bush the best.
/Bloomfield
Henke

Post by Henke »

It's THE Glenlivet "Bloomie". Very important. I learned that from a skinndry scott in his sixties. And I think it tastes great, but thats a matter of oppinion again.

Cheers
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

LOVE whiskey (and whisky). Right now I indulge a taste for bourbon, Makers Mark, to be specific; also, it's the only U.S. brand I know of that labels its product per the Scots spelling (without the "E").
trisha

Post by trisha »

Fettercairn, Lagavulin, others long forgotten.

Have to admit that I lost the taste for whisky a few years back - now there's an admission for a Scot. :D Much prefer good real English ales these days...red wine and the odd brandy. And no hangovers!!!

Trisha
Holt

Post by Holt »

Glenfiddich 12 year old: a great whisky for the money!

Glenmorangie 12 year old (either the Port or Sherry finished) are a bit pricey but are my favorites!

And I just heard about a VERY inexpensive single malt called Bowmore (I think) that is supposed to be a well hidden secret!

Oh yeah, and I MUST agree with Bloomfield, the Irish have a beautiful whiskey called Bushmills "Black Bush" that I love!
Tommy
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

The 18-year old McCallan is my favorite..

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

Hi,
I have to have Canadian Mist.....the only one I can drink day and night and not have it hurt my tummy! :) :) :)
Lolly
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Bowmore is a very nice Scotch, myself and a few friends were going to buy a case together but so far that hasn't happened.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

The Balvenie, Double Wood...a hint of oranges. Mmmmmm...
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

Isle of Islay for me, particularly Lagavulin, but pay me no heed, for I'm in my sixties with absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to serious topics like scotch and whistles.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Ridseard wrote:Isle of Islay for me, particularly Lagavulin, but pay me no heed, for I'm in my sixties with absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to serious topics like scotch and whistles.
I stick to Highlands. Now, Islay... wow. Macho stuff. I've seen Russians shy away from it (well, it was eight in the morning, true).
It does grow hair on one's chest. We should suggest it to Serpent Bill for his scalp.
Now, if I wasn't such a wimp and dared bothering grumpy old farts, I'd ask you if it's true they moonshine old car tyres to give it that special tarry tart taste? :lol: