OT: going through a difficult time. Updated: more good news!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Dear Emily -
My love, hope and heart are with you, your mom and your entire family....
The most important thing anything of us can do, especially in difficult times, is to love.
I have been learning, slowly, that it is not enough to make love just a part of us - it must be who we are. My love is with you.
Chris
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

My grandmother also got breast cancer. She lived and is as healthy, beautiful and wonderful as ever.....
Keep hope in your heart.
Chris
carrie

Post by carrie »

Emilie,

An aunt of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer several months before her health insurance benefits were to begin in a new job. In her usual determined way, she waited until she was fully covered, had surgery, and has been cancer-free now for 35 years. As so many have pointed out in their stories, your family has very good reason to be hopeful. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Carol
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

You've gotten all the good stories (I have one too, but won't belabor a point).

I would like to talk to the 'support system' issue...first, isn't it grand that we live in the Internet Age, when you really honestly can connect with someone half a world away? I hope you and your friends all have access to the Net, and use it daily to keep in touch. Secondly, there are GREAT support groups and chat rooms to use; go forth and Google...

Lastly...nearly every major hospital in the world has a good education center and support group for families going through rough times. They are a godsend. Use them.

And of course, there's us....and we're always here to listen.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Our prayers are certainly with you and your mother. If found early and treated early success is high. There are many university hospital web sites that provide excellent information. An informed patient that wants to win usually wins. Even if there is no one else you have a support system right here. we all care and we pray.
Ron
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Please check your home email, Emilie........B
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
hillfolk22

Post by hillfolk22 »

Emily,

The Power of prayer is very strong.
My mom went through Breast Cancer as well. She ended up having a masectomy. She is doing very well. It has been four years and no more cancer.

Tygress has given good advice. Continue to seek support and prayers.
I will pray, and I will mention to my mom your name and situation. She is a very powerful prayer warrior and she will understand what your mom is going through.

Keep the faith. Hold on tight to it. Yes, it is scary! The good thing about what happened to my mom is that it brought my family closer together. We found deep strength in each other. This all happened before Thanksgiving. We had so much to be thankful that year and every year.

Laura
Blessed be the one who retains a childlike heart, for they shall stay young forever.
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Emilie,

I will be praying for your mom and for your family. I am so sorry you are going through this away from your friends but I am glad that you can be there for your mom at this time. Be positive and be strong! She can beat this!

I am glad to see what a wonderful support group we have here at C&F!

Best Wishes,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Aw, Emilie, I'm so sorry. That's got to be rough. I had a grandmother who survived breast cancer (it was the lymphoma a few years later that got her, but that's another story entirely). Breast cancer isn't the death sentence it was a few years ago, so don't despair! Just keep praying!
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

We thought my mom had breast cancer, until the lump they found was declared benign. Even though she didn't have to go through it, I know how scary it is to have a loved one diagnosed. My thoughts are with you.
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

Wow. I have to say I'm really touched.. you're all so caring.

Thank you so much for your kind words, they help a lot.. and it also helps to hear these positive stories, it's difficult to stay positive while I don't know what's going on at all, makes it really easy to speculate.. but I'm trying the best I can.

Once again.. thanks. You guys are great. I'll keep you updated.

:)

Emilie
Last edited by Emilie on Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Prayers for you, your mom and the rest of your family. We never know why when we are going through the tough times, but we can come out stronger for it that's for sure. Do keep us posted, we care.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
tcm

Post by tcm »

Emilie,

We will be holding you, your mother, and the rest of your family in the Light.

Tom (and Eva)
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

My prayers are with you and your family.
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Steven

Post by Steven »

Emilie--
I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can your way. Please keep us posted on how your mom is doing, and we'll keep her (and you) in our thoughts.

Steven