O/T Hospital bound

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

O/T Hospital bound

Post by Blackbeer »

Hey you guys I just wanted to thank you for getting me through a very bad couple of days. I made it into the big city today (alternator pucked on the way in,(typical)) and had to do some fast talking to convince them I had to come home and find some one to take care of Hank and Molly. So I am putting my head in their hands for 4 or 5 days. Thank you for giving me that extra little bit of courage to take this step. Now I`m out of here before they send the nut truck after me. :boggle:

Tom

Love is a vibration I could feel
carrie

Post by carrie »

Way to go, Tom. All the best. You'll be in my thoughts.

Carol
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

We're thinking of you, Tom. So glad you're getting some help.

Susan
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

You're in my prayers, buddy. Hang in there.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
allezlesbleus

Post by allezlesbleus »

Tom,

Hang in there, man! Remember that you are never alone in how you are feeling, you might just be surprised how many other folks are out there that have gone through that valley too.

We're just hoping you come out really soon and are ready to toss down any ropes and lend our backs if we can help pull you up again.

PC

PS-This board also seems to be a font for bad jokes if you want a cheap laugh, that can easily be done! :lol: :party: :lol:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

All the best to you, bud. Don't stay away so long, now.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I'm so glad! You'll be in my prayers daily.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I've been where you are, my friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
tansy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tansy »

way to go, you'll win in the end, i hope you find the answers needed. i'll drink a toast and play a tune for ye tonight!
best your way, tansy :thumbsup:
shy the blond water
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Bless you, Tom.

I've sent email and a package.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

My best wishes and prayers are with you. Thanks for thinking to communicate with us.
Reasonable person
Walden
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Hugs and best thoughts to you, Blackbeer. And I second the appreciation that you dropped us a note.

We do care!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Hugs from me too Tom! I always enjoy your posts on C&F and will miss you while your gone. I'll be saying prayers for you. I'll also be saying prayers for Hank and Molly too while you are away from them.

Take care and come back soon!

Keep your sunny side up!
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Good luck to you, Tom! I hope that the hospital stay can do you some good. Whatever happens, keep trying various treatments, give the medications a chance and by all means complain to your doctor about any unpleasant side effects; these things can be dealt with. And if medications don't help, there are other treatments, inclucing ECT. I've watched my sister deal with bipolar disorder for 20+ years now, and she's become pretty good at communicating her needs. Just don't give up, and make sure that the medical people you encounter are listening to a man named Tom who loves horses and music, not "a man with depression". You don't sound paranoid, so just trust your instincts if you feel like these people aren't being serious with you.

Also, please don't ever hesitate to check yourself in when you feel like you are in over your head. Proper treatment can make the duration of your symptoms less, so you won't have to suffer so long. It can also be a big relief to pass the responsibility of dealing with it on to professionals.

And, coming from "the other side of the fence", so to speak--don't underestimate how much other people care for you, and what an impact your suicide would have on them. Please. There are other ways.

You've probably already left for the hospital, but I guess I just wanted to say good luck, since I've been only sporadically on the board the last couple of days.

Keep the faith!

Robin
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I KNOW how scary things can be to deal with. Prayers for you. Having been born into a genetic line swarming with fun stuff like music, art and unfortunately bi-polarisim I also know what great strides the medical profession has made since my grandmother's days.

Thanks for filling us in. I hope to see you back here soon.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West