OT: is my humor offensive?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

OT: is my humor offensive?

yes, stop making so many stupid jokes
8%
no, keep being your stupid self
92%

Total votes: 38

Paul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Paul »

HEHEH!!! :twisted: :lol:
Hiro Ringo

Post by Hiro Ringo »

Cool. I realized what 'thin-skinned' meant without ever picking up dictionary for it.... :o
Ridseard

Re: OT: is my humor offensive?

Post by Ridseard »

I've never read anything in your posts which I thought was offensive. Maybe the person who PMed you was mistaken or had you mixed up with somebody else.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I had a roommate in college who collected the most vile and tasteless jokes on the planet. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE stuff. The kind of stuff that would be illegal in several countries in Western Europe. That kind of thing. He'd always preface by putting this sad/sombre look on his face and saying something like, "I heard the most awful, tasteless joke today. I can't believe anybody would laugh at such a horrible thing. I mean," he'd say, "it's a joke that makes fun of (babies, a racial group, whatever) and it is meanspirited and just makes you feel all icky inside that ANYONE would find this kind of thing funny." And then he'd get right up in your face and look right in your eyes with this ridiculous, sad face and he'd tell the joke like it was just KILLING him to repeat such a vile thing. And then of course you would HAVE TO LAUGH and he would feign being shocked and horrified that you would laugh at such a thing. I'd see him circulate at parties telling people the same dreadful joke. People would either laugh and then get mad-- or just laugh.

He was a really weird guy. It was an adventure to be around him. We'd go into McDonalds and when he was ordering he would drop an obscene word right in the middle of his order, completely out of context and in this flat monotone. Like, let's say the word of the day was "f*rt". (It never was. It was always much worse.) He might say--"Oh, hi. I guess I'll just have a large Coke, and let's see, one of f*rt those fried apple pies, and a quarter pounder and if you would just hold the cheese on that but maybe add f*rt some extra lettuce." Nobody would EVER react to it other than just look confused. No one would smile. No one looked offended. Just confused and maybe a little uncomfortable. Quite a number of people would appear not to notice at all.

I don't know why I'm tell you this. I guess I just needed someone to talk to.

Dale
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

God give me the energy to avoid the weirdos
I can avoid, the patience to put up with the
weirdos I can't escape,
and a big bag of money.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm fnck here to fnck talk if fnck you fnck need to, fnck Dale.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I developed a pretty good dread of receiving private messages, but I suppose the folks who send these types of PM's are well-meaning.

Like others, I may have missed the exchange in question, but I usually find your posts to be in good humor, and they don't generally strike me as bitter.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ Walden
I developed a pretty good dread of receiving private messages, but I suppose the folks who send these types of PM's are well-meaning.
Oh my god. I do that, too. We're twins!
carrie

Post by carrie »

jim stone wrote:God give me the energy to avoid the weirdos
I can avoid, the patience to put up with the
weirdos I can't escape,
and a big bag of money.
LOL!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

DaleWisely wrote:I had a roommate in college who collected the most vile and tasteless jokes on the planet. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE stuff. The kind of stuff that would be illegal in several countries in Western Europe.
Dale!! You promised never to reveal that to anyone! Man, if you can't trust the Undisputed to keep your old college misadventures secret, who can you trust?? :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

DaleWisely wrote:He was a really weird guy. It was an adventure to be around him. We'd go into McDonalds and when he was ordering he would drop an obscene word right in the middle of his order, completely out of context and in this flat monotone.
And probably with a disturbing thousand-yard stare as well. Could he have been living proof that the Crystal People are here on earth? :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Chuck_Clark wrote:The key is, did the 'suggestion' you received come from the person you'd supposedly harmed, or merely from a self-appointed arbiter of fairness and goodness?
The latter. And I'm virtually certain that person was the negative vote. Thanks to all who have posted on this. You have helped me a great deal.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

DaleWisely wrote:I don't know why I'm tell you this. I guess I just needed someone to talk to.
You're the psychiatrist -you tell us! ;)
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Maybe they meant to PM me instead. I try to be slightly offensive occasionally but apparently nobody notices.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I find all humour on this board offensive.

Whistling is a serious business and should not be polluted with humour.

This is a whistle board for whistle people.