Alba Flageolet Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jackorion

Post by jackorion »

I was checking out the Alba whistle site, and noticed thier Flageolets. I know whistles are often refered as Flageolets, but the Alba has a real funky fipple. I tried a search with yahoo and didn't come up with much info about traditional flageolets. Has anyone tried this Alba whistle? I have read mixxed reviews about thier regular whistle.
Regarding thier "Flageolets" how does the sound and the breath pressure differ? I'm not in the market, although the tuggs of WHOA might have something to do with it. Just curious I guess.

Jack "Apple Scruffs" Orion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jackorion on 2001-12-02 12:43 ]</font>
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

I've got one of these that Alba sent me. I had intended to review it in the newsletter separate from a review I did months ago on Albas in general, but I never got around to it. It plays just fine, sounds good, and the mouthpiece, perhaps suprisingly, doesn't seem to add any particular character & I really can't identify any advantages or disadvantages. It just works.

Dale