OT: How old are you?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

How old are you?

younger than 20
11%
21 to 30
17%
31 to 40
23%
41 to 50
33%
51 to 60
13%
61 to 70
4%
71 and older
No votes

Total votes: 132

Switchfoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Switchfoot »

Cranberry wrote:I'm old enough to die for my country and old enough to vote, but not old enough to drink a beer (not that I ever would....but it's still a stupid law).
Cranberry, the idea is not to die for your country, its to make the other guy die for your country :)
and with that inflamitory statement :D I'm 19
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

I am 19
fatveg wrote:My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Thank you for sharing that with us. I can tell by the same thing when my cat has been snooping around in my leftovers.
Cranberry wrote:I'm old enough to die for my country and old enough to vote, but not old enough to drink a beer (not that I ever would....but it's still a stupid law).
It is a stupid law. Well said though. Hangovers are not worth it at all (i have heard!).
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
madfifer9

Post by madfifer9 »

I celebrated the tenth anniversary of my 29th birthday earlier this year. Luckily I take after my mother and look younger than I am.

Mentally, I still feel 25. Can I vote for that?

madfifer9
When whistles are outlawed, only outlaws will have whistles!
Seth
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Seth »

I am 19 and still doing all the things I'm sure I'll end up telling my kids never to do.

Seth
Turner

Post by Turner »

I just brought the 21 to 30 age group back in the running!

I am 25!
I'm old enough to die for my country and old enough to vote, but not old enough to drink a beer (not that I ever would....but it's still a stupid law).
That seems a bit of a ridiculous age to be able to drink. In England you can legally smoke at 16, Drive at 17, and Drink at 18. I think an 18 year old is old enough to decide if they would like a drink or not.!!

You dont know what your missing Cranberry, its a national sport over here:

1:Get as pissed as possible
2:Spend all of your money and lose the rest on the way home
3:Eat a Doner Kebab, which normally you wouldnt feed to your dog, and is probebly made of dog.
4:Get home (after being ripped off by the taxi driver) and fall over the plant pot,
5:Rentch your guts up in the toilet, go to sleep on the bathroom floor,
6:Wake up in the morning feeling like someone came in during the night and did a riverdance on your head, then did somthing disgusting in your mouth! ´
7:Go back for more the next weekend
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

LimuHead wrote:I'll be 38 on June 22nd.:party: My wife will be 37 on June 23rd. :party:
On June 15th we will have been married for 12 years. 8)

June is our party month..... :P
I'll be 52 on June 22!
Mike
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Turner wrote:That seems a bit of a ridiculous age to be able to drink. In England you can legally smoke at 16, Drive at 17, and Drink at 18. I think an 18 year old is old enough to decide if they would like a drink or not.!!
I'm a teetotaler, myself, but, as I recall, MADD methodically campaigned, in the 1980's, to get the drinking age raised to 21, and in 1984 it became a Federal law.
Reasonable person
Walden
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I must admit I was surprised by the number of non-drinkers out there. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a 'dry' session?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Steven

Post by Steven »

madfifer9 wrote:I celebrated the tenth anniversary of my 29th birthday earlier this year. Luckily I take after my mother and look younger than I am.

Mentally, I still feel 25. Can I vote for that?

madfifer9
I made my 29th birthday an annual event too! I turned 30 (and a few more) happily enough, but I never had a 30th birthday. This October will be my 7th annual 29th birthday.

:lol:
Steven
Steven

Post by Steven »

jbarter wrote:48.

I must admit I was surprised by the number of non-drinkers out there. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a 'dry' session?
There actually are quite a lot of us out there. It's just not as noticable when we're raging sober, or suffering the morning-after effects of having done nothing at all.

As for dry sessions, I have heard of one in New Jersey that's held at a coffee house -- no alcohol and no tobacco! If it weren't on a weeknight, it would certainly be worth the trip!

:-)
Steven
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Walden wrote:
Turner wrote:That seems a bit of a ridiculous age to be able to drink. In England you can legally smoke at 16, Drive at 17, and Drink at 18. I think an 18 year old is old enough to decide if they would like a drink or not.!!
I'm a teetotaler, myself, but, as I recall, MADD methodically campaigned, in the 1980's, to get the drinking age raised to 21, and in 1984 it became a Federal law.
Like a lot of other Europeans who posted, I am somewhat befuddled by this law. It would seem to make more sense to me to raise the DRIVING age. When I was growing up, 16 was the legal drinking age, but you could not drive until you were 18 (by which time drinking had lost some of its novelty).
I find it rather amusing that an 18 yr-old person cannot legally buy a beer, but a 16-yr old will be entrusted with a 2-ton moving object...
:-?
markv

Post by markv »

burnsbyrne wrote:
LimuHead wrote:I'll be 38 on June 22nd.:party: My wife will be 37 on June 23rd. :party:
On June 15th we will have been married for 12 years. 8)

June is our party month..... :P
I'll be 52 on June 22!
Mike
I'll be 32 on June 23 :party: . It helps to have a brother who is ten years older than you. When I thought about turning thirty it cheered me up to think my brother was facing 40 :D

My daughter is going to be 4 this weekend, that was a fast four years!

Mark V.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because
they tell us that dragons exist, but because
they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

G. K. Chesterton
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I did not post my age at the beginning so I will correct the omission, 64.
My wife and I will be married for 45 years in November. I was a
grandfather in my 30s. My oldest grandson is 25. You can figure it out.

I am also one of the non-drinkers. It is very difficult sometimes when
the groups I would like to see only appear at drinking establishments. I
didn't find this a problem in Ireland. No one seemed to care that the only
thing I was drinking was diet coke. I found it interesting that contrary to
USA stereotypes, the people in pubs in Ireland were not drinking near as
much as people do here.

BTW Markb when your remembering, don't forget ration books, standing
at the window of the only house in town that had TV, and building a radio
from an oatmeal box.
Ron Kiley
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Married 45 years - THAT is impressive. I/we'll hit thirty on the first of the month. At least thirty for me - I'm sure it's aged my significant other at least 45 years.

As for the drinking thing, I guess I still do. I may perhaps drink as much in a year now as I once did on a slow evening. By the time I was Cranberry's age I was already an experienced drunk, probably a binge alcoholic. This is far preferable.

I once read that getting drunk can cost you something like 10,000 brain cells. Whether or not that's true I don't know, but I don't have enough remaining to be taking any chances.

I've never been to a session - would you get killed for ordering a club soda or a Coke?
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Chuck_Clark wrote: I've never been to a session - would you get killed for ordering a club soda or a Coke?
I'm still alive and I almost always order diet Coke at sessions.

Steve