OT: How old are you?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

How old are you?

younger than 20
11%
21 to 30
17%
31 to 40
23%
41 to 50
33%
51 to 60
13%
61 to 70
4%
71 and older
No votes

Total votes: 132

Steven
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steven »

I'm 34. My wife is 24. Can you guess which one of us is more mature?

:lol:
Steven
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Old! Old enough to remember when the Icemen dlivered ice to the house, and when we got our frist refrigorator, horsedrawn milkwagons, got mail delivery twice a day, there was no television in almost every home, it cost fifteen cents to go to a matinee movie, a nickel for popcorn, there was no air conditioning, no showers, wringer washing machines, and clotheslines ( no dryers).

Old enough to remember that long distance calling usually -- not most of the time -- (being very expensive) seem to bring nothing but bad news (a death in the family) or was such a family event that family members live the experience for days, and you talked really loud into the phone.

The day the music died. They only showed Elvis from the waist up on television, Ozzie and Hariet was the show, along with a American Bandstand, and the mickey mouse show ---ooooo Annette!

How old? Enough, not wanting to remember to much.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
TomB

Post by TomB »

MarkB wrote:How old? Enough, not wanting to remember to much.

MarkB
Yeah, but you clearly remember the "good stuff." That's the way to do it man....

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

Old! Old enough to remember when everything was just so much gas floating through the cosmos. Er, maybe I'm thinking of the present.

Too old to learn new tunes easily, still young enough to remember them after a few days, old enough for the fingers to ache, still young enough to rejoice when all the notes fall togather right and someone who matters says "That sounded pretty good"

Thanks for the opportunities!
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

Getting to be an old guy has certain disadvantages, but it's far better than the alternative.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I like to say that my walker's in the mail. :lol:

48 so far.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm 36. I'll be 37 on Aug. 23rd.
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

I am 2 months and 13 days away from being a voting citizen of the United States. :P
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

And in typical fashion, it's the under-21 set who breaks the bell curve. ;)
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Soon to be thirty one . . . and not really dreading it. I felt thirty when I was twenty, I figure I'm catching up to my years (in life experience).
I flaunt being thirty something. I look like I'm in my early to mid twenties. And I don't think that's going to change in the next few years.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

I'll be 38 on June 22nd.:party: My wife will be 37 on June 23rd. :party:
On June 15th we will have been married for 12 years. 8)

June is our party month..... :P
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Cori

Fabulous Thirty ...

Post by Cori »

I'm loving being thirty. I thought I might have some crisis or stress but so far it's just completely brilliant. All of the "You ought to"'s and "You should"'s have gone out of my head with the twenties and I feel a lot freer to figure out how my own life should look without so much input from 'Society' and people who cherish 'The Norm'.

Not that I'm especially freaky, mind, but free to choose traditionally or not as I wish. Thirty rocks! Can't wait for 31!

[PS. Same as mamakash, I don't think I look my age, that does help!]
All we have to decide is what to do with the tune that is given us.
Tweaked from Tolkien
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

mamakash wrote: I flaunt being thirty something. I look like I'm in my early to mid twenties. And I don't think that's going to change in the next few years.
Yes, looking young is nice. I have been carded twice since my 42nd birthday. You shoulda seen the look on the face of the young guy when he found out I'd been drinking legally for longer than he'd been alive (the age was 18 back in those days).
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Duffy wrote:Old! Old enough to remember when everything was just so much gas floating through the cosmos. Er, maybe I'm thinking of the present.
Since the cosmos does seem to have a certain small amount of solid matter, I wonder if you're not equating C&F to the universe as a whole. If so, it begs the question - is it gas - or is it just hot air?
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>