Live Chat Link?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Live Chat Link?

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:18 pm Thanks for the reminder. Admin's been fielding a number of things since the change and it's probably going to take us some time to get it all squared away, so things can sometimes be forgotten. FWIW, I'm the only one of us with enough free time to devote as much attention to the Board's innards as needed - more or less - and the only one with zero computer skills. The irony.
I have tried to fix the Live chat thing once or twice, but can't get it to work. There's something at server level that needs amending, I believe. And, although I have some, limited, access to that, I don't think it's enough to get to the instruction necessary to fix Live Chat.
Gary90
Tell us something.: I don't know what you wan't to know. Other than I am not a spammer who is has to write a minimum of 100 characters.

Post by Gary90 »

Was live chat used regularly previously? I wasn't aware of it.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Gary90 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:11 am Was live chat used regularly previously? I wasn't aware of it.
It was most used early on in the board's existence, and a hardy few still do. Or would, if we can find a way to reactivate it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Skyclad01
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

benhall.1 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:58 am
Nanohedron wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:18 pm Thanks for the reminder. Admin's been fielding a number of things since the change and it's probably going to take us some time to get it all squared away, so things can sometimes be forgotten. FWIW, I'm the only one of us with enough free time to devote as much attention to the Board's innards as needed - more or less - and the only one with zero computer skills. The irony.
I have tried to fix the Live chat thing once or twice, but can't get it to work. There's something at server level that needs amending, I believe. And, although I have some, limited, access to that, I don't think it's enough to get to the instruction necessary to fix Live Chat.
I appreciate both of you checking into it. Hopefully a solution will present itself in time as the rest of this new format is being smoothed out.
Skyclad01
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

Still no luck on finding the route for the "No route found for "GET /chat/" " error message?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Skyclad01 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 pm Still no luck on finding the route for the "No route found for "GET /chat/" " error message?
Not so far, unfortunately.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

Just a bump to see if any headway has been made with the "No route found for "GET /chat/" " error message.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Skyclad01 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:17 pm Just a bump to see if any headway has been made with the "No route found for "GET /chat/" " error message.
Nope. I don't hold out any hope for it, in all honesty.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Other than convenience, what's the point? One can still login from a standard chat client, such as HexChat. Of course, last time I did that was in April. I just don't keep the same hours as Alan these days.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

kkrell wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:34 am Other than convenience, what's the point? One can still login from a standard chat client, such as HexChat. Of course, last time I did that was in April. I just don't keep the same hours as Alan these days.
Isn't that the point though, Convenience? It's especially nice to have a chatroom within the forum itself rather than having to deal with downloading and using a chat client separately.
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

benhall.1 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:43 am
Skyclad01 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:17 pm Just a bump to see if any headway has been made with the "No route found for "GET /chat/" " error message.
Nope. I don't hold out any hope for it, in all honesty.
That's a major shame.