OT: Soup

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
madguy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by madguy »

My wife and I are big soup eaters. Our top two favorites are homemade vegetable, and homemade sixteen bean.

"Uh...stew and soup are two different things." Perhaps they're two different things by culinary definition, but in actuality a stew is nothing more than a very thick soup! :)

"Soup in summer?" Well, it's not actually summer yet, but soup in summer, why not? As well as piping hot coffee! You see, the hot liquid helps open your pores, thus helping to cool you down!!! :)

~Larry
Steven

Post by Steven »

FJohnSharp wrote:Why has no one mentioned Mulligatawny Stew?
Probably because nobody could spell it!

:lol:
Steven
Rockymtnpiper

Post by Rockymtnpiper »

I work out of town, all over the state of Colorado. One of my favorite places to eat is "Mizzupa" in Frisco. Between 4pm-7pm they have a special... 32oz of soup and 2 mini loaves of bread for $6.. this is usualy more than I can put away. Among my favorites are Coconut Thia Chicken, Salmon Chowder, Buffalo Chili and thick chunky Tomato parmesian.

http://www.mizuppa.com/frisco.htm
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Back when I lived in San Francisco, my favorite hang out was a place called Salmagundi on Geary. They offered three different soups daily (and when you'd finished your serving, you could take your bowl back up for a free half serving of one of the other soups, if you wished). I was so sad, when we moved back here, to find out that Salmagundi is no more!

A good bowl of soup with some nice, crusty bread for dunking, is my idea of the perfect meal.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
fluter_d

Post by fluter_d »

Rockymtnpiper wrote:
Garlic soup!
:boggle: Not me.. Isnt that the foul tasting stuff the Smurfs had to eat, (Grelsh??) on that episode where they turn into evil Smurfs, biting each other and saying "GANNAP!" ???
Which reminds me: what colour do Smurfs turn when you choke them? This is a serious question, but sadly unrelated to the topic at hand (unless, of course, the Smurfs in question are choking on a chunk of undercooked vegetable from the soup you've made them... :P )