Any travel and adventure in you near future?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Zubivka wrote:Amazing... :boggle: Welsh llamas
What's so amazing? After all, they've got that ddwbl LL thyng going on, so typically Cambrian...
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

I know they're not exactly lllllamas, but one time I was at a zoo and two camels spit on me.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Cranberry wrote:I know they're not exactly lllllamas, but one time I was at a zoo and two camels spit on me.
Yet more exotic! :boggle: Camelll couples visiting American zoos!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

What next? Muscovite mus musculi?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Zubivka wrote:
Cranberry wrote:I know they're not exactly lllllamas, but one time I was at a zoo and two camels spit on me.
Yet more exotic! :boggle: Camelll couples visiting American zoos!
Yeah, these foreign types see the "Do not feed the Cranberry" signs, and have to be wiseguys instead. :lol:
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

Redwolf wrote:First, up to Oregon to visit the in-laws in Lincoln City ...Then over to Spokane, WA, to visit my family.
Wave as you drive past...
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Travel and Adventure, eh Erik? Hmm, don't know about that, but my whistles (and dog) and I have been to the following places over the last few months:
Asheville NC, Charlotte NC, St. Louis MO, back to Charlotte, then to Greensboro NC, up to the Philadelphia area, back to St. Louis, a stop in Colby Kansas (home of the Kansas Prarie Museum), and now Boulder CO. In a few days I expect to be headed further West, albeit a one flute and perhaps a few whistles lighter.

Now if I could only find some adventure.......

Loren (A rolling Bookbinder gathers no moss) B.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Nanohedron wrote:What next? Muscovite mus musculi?
Nano, I don't think that counts as particularly exotic. I suspect they probably have at least as many mice in Moscow as in any other big city, maybe even more than most (despite the cold).

:lol:
Steven
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Taking is one thing, playing quite another

Post by avanutria »

I recently took my whistle rock climbing, but had a slight oversight. By the time I got to the top of the climb, I was no longer certain I had the manual dexterity to remove the whistle from my (zippered) pocket, assemble it, play something, and return it to the pocket without dropping it onto the head of my belayer.

Oops. So I didn't play anything. But it was there.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Ridseard wrote:
brewerpaul wrote:What sections are you thinking of? I live near some of the NY and Mass sections.
I won't be going that far northeast. Probably southwest and central VA.
Do you ever make it as far as Damascus,VA ? They just finished up another "Trail Days" week which is quiet a big to-do, with folks from all over attending. Our pipe band plays for their parade each year and it's one of our favorite jobs because of the people.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Ridseard wrote:
brewerpaul wrote:What sections are you thinking of? I live near some of the NY and Mass sections.
I won't be going that far northeast. Probably southwest and central VA.
Do you ever make it as far as Damascus,VA ? They just finished up another "Trail Days" week which is quiet a big to-do, with folks from all over attending. Our pipe band plays for their parade each year and it's one of our favorite jobs because of the people.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

cowtime wrote:Do you ever make it as far as Damascus,VA ? They just finished up another "Trail Days" week which is quiet a big to-do, with folks from all over attending. Our pipe band plays for their parade each year and it's one of our favorite jobs because of the people.
Yes, I've been to Damascus. Hiked from near there north on the AT to Mt. Rogers and beyond. I've been a member of the AT Conference since 1984 but never attended the Trail Days insanity. If I had known your pipe band was playing, I would certainly have dropped by. Maybe next year. It's a tribute to Damascus that they tolerate us crazy hikers as well as they do.