Any travel and adventure in you near future?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ErikT
antispam: No

Any travel and adventure in you near future?

Post by ErikT »

Once again it's time for the "Where are you taking your whistle (Now, with pictures)" thread. I love travel and adventure, so I look forward to this thread every year.

I think that this will be a big year for canoing/kayaking for me. We've already done a couple of local paddles on the Chena. I didn't bring my camera, so no pictures to post, but next time I will. We saw at least ten beavers, one of which really didn't like me. I'm looking forward to seeing some moose and bear as we get further into the wilderness.

So, post your itinerary and pictures when you get them.

Erik
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

We're doing a big road trip this year. First, up to Oregon to visit the in-laws in Lincoln City (we're taking the coast route this year, because I haven't been that way since I was a little tyke). Then over to Spokane, WA, to visit my family. Then on to Yellowstone (which I haven't seen since I was six!), because I think that EVERY kid should see Yellowstone. Then we'll cut back across Nevada to California again.

BTW, does anyone know of a good half-way stop between West Yellowstone, MT, and Santa Cruz, CA? We were thinking of stopping in Reno, but that's a good 12 hour drive from West Yellowstone.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Tromso Norway , in two weeks for three weeks of sailing and kayaking. No pictures though unless my partner is planning to take pictures, which is what I suspect with a new digital camera sitting on her dining room table.

If we can find a way to post after, well there might be some. I myself don't photograph my travels, or buy souveniers. The only thing that I do is keep a small watercolour painting diary.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Ridseard
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ridseard »

I'll probably hike a few sections of the Appalachian Trail, if I can talk my wife into shuttling me to and from the trailheads (and possibly meeting me at resupply points along the route).
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

While in Ireland we'll be doing as much hiking, kayaking, and general adventuring as my family can stand... I'll be sure to take pics!
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm going to Denver later in the summer. Whistles are going with.
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

I just got back from a mini-tour of Hawaii with the band I play with.

We'll be going back at the end of August for a 3 island tour. :D
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Ridseard wrote:I'll probably hike a few sections of the Appalachian Trail, if I can talk my wife into shuttling me to and from the trailheads (and possibly meeting me at resupply points along the route).
What sections are you thinking of? I live near some of the NY and Mass sections.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Actually I was in Ireland earlier this month and got a friend (known as Derryman here on C&F) to take a pic of me playing a Gen D in front of Newgrange, and to make it even better, it was on Beltaine, the Celtic holiday which is on May 1. I don't have a scanner, so I'll have to get someone else to post it for me.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
trisha

Post by trisha »

Ridseard wrote:I'll probably hike a few sections of the Appalachian Trail, if I can talk my wife into shuttling me to and from the trailheads (and possibly meeting me at resupply points along the route).
Sounds like you need packing llamas...

Trisha, llama-owner, Wales
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

brewerpaul wrote:What sections are you thinking of? I live near some of the NY and Mass sections.
I won't be going that far northeast. Probably southwest and central VA.
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

trisha wrote:Sounds like you need packing llamas...
Trisha, llama-owner, Wales
Alas, pack animals are not allowed on the Appalachian Trail.
Karina

Post by Karina »

I am leaving July 3 for a year of studying abroad in Hamilton, New Zealand (at the University of Waikato). And of course, my beloved whistles are definitely going to be coming with me. :D
janice

Post by janice »

We're going to Chicago for a Music Education Conference on Tuesday(whistles and flute going too, natch!)......
Elkins W VA for Augusta in July (anybody else on the board going?)........
Up to the Bruce Peninsula sometime in the summer for camping/hiking (and to get some playing in at the Crow's Nest in Tobermory).
Paul

Post by Paul »

Me and my Wife are going to The Tommy Makem Song Festival www.makem.com up in Armagh, N. Ireland on the 24th of June. Yes, there will be a few whistles squandered away in me luggage. :wink: I went solo last year. It was a great time. I'm already counting the days. This has been a tough year so far.