New Lunasa CD is finally out!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New Lunasa CD is finally out!

Post by susnfx »

AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Because I am isolated in a frozen wasteland I was unable to see Lunasa on their last tour but some family members did.
They reported that the band was rather miffed with Green Linnet. Largely because they didn't get Redwood out in time for them to sell on tour (even though it was ready for release) and they didn't give them much from their current line to sell either.
Their words hinted at darker machinations at Green Linnet. When you think of it, some big names have left Green Linnet (Altan and Capercaillie come to mind). Tommy Peoples is known to be against American companies like the Linnet. What do you think is going on?
It's great to see the CD did make it out. I was worried that it might not see the light of day.
Cheers,
Aaron
Easily_Deluded_Fool

Post by Easily_Deluded_Fool »

I just ordered a copy.

Not that this bumps the thread up the list or anything :roll:
No whistles were harmed in the transmission of this communication.
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

I saw it @ the local HMV today and perhaps going to get it on the way work tomorrow, but just few minutes ago I checked amazon and it said the album will be out on the 13th of June.
:o
Strange.

OT: I listened to Bad Haggis, too. 3/5 in my opinion.
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

yihaaaaaaaaa!!! just ordered my copy of Redwood too!!!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Amar! Where HAVE you been!?!?! I think of you every time I eat a Fig Newton. ;)
Susan
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

Well, right off the top of my head I'd say that Amars in switzerland :D
Anyway Tak, amazon may have everything a person could want all in one location but it wouldnt be the first time they've been wrong about when a certain item was being released.
That said, just ordered it today too, my very first lunasa cd, I'm buying it completely on all the good things the board has said about the band :)
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

By the way, you can listen to the entire album at the Green Linnet site. When you click on the album on the home page it will take you to the Redwood page. At the end of the CD description you have an option to listen to the entire CD.
Susan
tinker

Post by tinker »

Well, I'm certainly glad to see it made it. Just from the sample track 1 available, from Susan's link, it looks to be a real winner. Might wait to get it locally though... encourage the local shops to keep good Irish music in stock and all ;)

- tink
madguy

Post by madguy »

susnfx wrote:By the way, you can listen to the entire album at the Green Linnet site. When you click on the album on the home page it will take you to the Redwood page. At the end of the CD description you have an option to listen to the entire CD.
Susan
I just finished listening to the entire album through the link at Green Linnet. What a wonderful way to start off an early Sunday morning! Now it's time to order a copy of it!!! :)

~Larry
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Can't find it at any of the Charlotte area stores I've checked so far, hmph.

Amar, what's up dude? Send me a PM and we'll catch up sometime, hope all is well.

Loren
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Susan, hiya sweetypie. Is one still allowed to write that here...wouldn't wanna start a war.... anyway, yeah, haven't been around here in a while, so much work and all, you know...But I'm still faithful to whistles and all, will try to show up here more often again in the future! Is all well with you too, lassie?
Loren, buddy, how's it hanging? With me shrivelled short and to the right. HA!. Check your pm bud.
Amar.
glauber

Re: New Lunasa CD is finally out!

Post by glauber »

I ordered mine too, but the bashtids gouged me $4.50 for the cheapest US Mail shipping. It may be worth waiting for it to show up in Amazon to get the free shipping. :x
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

I did a wee surf and there are so far only two out of six amazon branches which say the Redwood is to be out on the 3rd of June (.ca and .jp) Both are 'imports' so I suppose that amazon.com might start the distribution earlier than that date.

Got mine at a local HMV yesterday. I'm hooked. :party:

Anyway, the original price @ HMV was about US$20 ( :boggle: :evil: :cry:) -- I know, it's not only CDs that are expensive here -- , but I bought it about 4US$ cheaper. Point Card :P so it was about the same price as in amazon ($16.7 tax incl.) What if I had ordered from their website?

hmmm....
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

D'oH!

I knew there was something I wanted to get in HMV on Saturday! Instead I came out holding The Definitive Drifters & No Angel by Dido.

I discovered through whistle switching that Fools Fall in Love (Lieber-Stoller 1957){not "Why do Fools Fall in Love"} can be accompanied on a Bb whistle, with a little bit of half-holing.

As there's a clarinet solo in the middle, and clarinets are usually pitched in Bb, I wondered if this is the whistle of choice for jazzy stuff?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing