OT: Have you ever just had one of those days/weeks?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: Have you ever just had one of those days/weeks?

Post by Jack »

I found out my ex co-worker and at one time, close friend, died. Just a couple weeks before her high school graduation.

My aunt who had relatively minor complications with her pregnancy went into labor. I had to watch everybody's kids at once, and I'm emotional enough because of Danielle dying so I screamed at them a few times and they cried more. I feel like they shouldn't have asked me to keep them all today while they went to the hospital, but there's really nothing I can do.

I stepped on a bee in the process of watching the kids and was stung. I'm highly allergic and I took medicines to keep my from dying, but I almost fell to sleep three times because of the meds, while I'm watching the babies.

Nobody will call me and let me know how anything is going.

My friend in Missouri I've known online for 4+ years' house was hit and was damaged by a tornado. She has no money and no way to get help so I sent all that I had, $2. I'm worried about her.

I quit therapy a week ago because my therapist basically told me she couldn't help me anymore and my insurance runs out soon anyway. I wish I could go see her right now though.

*pulls hair out*
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hang in there, deary. Things won't always be the way they are right now. Everything really is going to be OK.

Here's hoping you can find the strength to love those kids, and that you will soon be blessed with something to smile about.

God bless--
Tom
Cori

Post by Cori »

**hugs** Cranberry-pie.

Hope things get better soonest, and best wishes for your aunt and her little'un.
All we have to decide is what to do with the tune that is given us.
Tweaked from Tolkien
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Cran,

Hang in there, what this shows (apart from the bee incident) is that you are a caring, generous and loving person. The world needs more people like you.

Rain sometimes makes a rainbow.

Your efforts to ease the sufferings of your friends & family will be rewarded.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Turner

Post by Turner »

That kind of day would be enough to push anyone to the limits Cranberry!!! :o

Like Martin says, your heart is most definatly in the right place, if only more people would be like that in the world today.

Like old monty says...."Always look on the bright side of life...di dum di dum di dum di dum" ....
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Yea, I can see how that would put a damper on things. Well I can't tell you much except that if you just wait out the storm, things will get probably better. In the mean time, go play your whistles. :)
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hang in there, Cranberry. You've got friends here you can always talk to.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

What Jerry said.

Besides, you can probably get better therapy here. Where else could I find such fine minds and hearts?

Best,
N
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Yes, definitely have. As a matter of fact, I find that life (after a certain age) is pretty much a collection of these weeks/days. But I don't see that as necessarily depressing. The trick is to concentrate on the rays of sun in between the showers. The longer the showers, the brighter the rays of sun.
If you look at the events you described (aside form the bee sting), you realize they all happened to other people. Your friends. Your family. The best thing you can do to help them is to continue being the person you are, through thick and thin.
And don't forget to REALLY enjoy the rays of sun, whenever they appear
I'll give you one anecdote: one of my favorite performers, Warren Zevon, was diagnosed a few months back with terminal cancer. Since he was a regular on the Letterman show, Dave devoted a full show to him as the only guest. When he asked Zevon: "How do you deal with such knowledge of your own impending death?", Zevon answered:"I try to enjoy every bite of every sandwich..."
:)
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Plus, I forgot: this week, I broke my Dixon Low D hours after receiving it, and my Alba Low D, which was supposed to arrive, never made it. :sniffle:
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

pthouron wrote:Plus, I forgot: this week, I broke my Dixon Low D hours after receiving it, and my Alba Low D, which was supposed to arrive, never made it. :sniffle:
Talk about terrible news.
I can't help but wonder how you broke the low D. :-?

Cranberry, you have my sympathies. I can't imagine being left alone to babysit kids . . . plus having so much on your mind. I don't even need noisy kids around to feel like screaming if I've had a day of being needled by everyone. I'm having one of those weeks . . . after about a month of problems at my job. It just keeps building and then I'll get a panic attack where I either cry or start to worry obsessively. It's an awful feeling . . .I just wonder if people know how much they hurt others with their cutting words.
Keeping a journal helps, but I'm not as consistant about writing as I used to be. It helps to get the obsessive thoughts out of my head and onto paper. And sometimes when I write and reread my thoughts, I can see what the real problem is.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Jack

Post by Jack »

I can't imagine being left alone to babysit kids . . . plus having so much on your mind. I don't even need noisy kids around to feel like screaming if I've had a day of being needled by everyone. I'm having one of those weeks . . . after about a month of problems at my job. It just keeps building and then I'll get a panic attack where I either cry or start to worry obsessively. It's an awful feeling . . .I just wonder if people know how much they hurt others with their cutting words.
Keeping a journal helps, but I'm not as consistant about writing as I used to be. It helps to get the obsessive thoughts out of my head and onto paper. And sometimes when I write and reread my thoughts, I can see what the real problem is.
I watch my 4 year old brother every day, and it's no problem. It only starts to make me go insane when I have 5,000 (at least it feels like it) 4-6 year olds running everywhere screaming 'I WANT TO GO OUT AND PLAY NOW!' and a 2 year old crying wanting her mommy along with everything else on my mind, I just felt like I was going to implode. You can't explain to them that you need to stay inside in case somebody calls, then nobody calls. When I was able to type the original post, my 13 year old cousin had come over for a few minutes and I took a break.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

One of those days? ....I think I have one of those LIVES :o
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Damn it Cranberry I had a poem to give you.
You should have a poem
a kiss in the night
a gentle touch
a whispered word
the soft breeze of love
and the lifting of cares
some shareing of strength
through space and time to ease your troubled mind
but its lost or hideing
or not written yet
or only thought to be
so this will have to do
I send you tomorrow
with my love tonight

Tom
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Cran, I think we all have times like this. Bad things have a habit of happening all at once. But, oddly enough, so do good things. None of these things seem to have been your fault. All you can do is ride them out—things really will get better however unlikely that might seem right now.

About 20 years ago I was working frantically to meet an absolute deadline for finishing my PhD. In the space of a couple of days, I learnt of the deaths (unrelated) of two close friends, both tragically young. I narrowly escaped death myself when the ceiling of my bedroom collapsed unexpectedly. So, when I should have been working and grieving, I was looking for friends to put me up and trying to find bits of thesis in the rubble that once was my room. I met the deadline, came to terms slowly with my losses and now, 20 years later, I'm as happy in my life as I have ever been.